Ebay Scam Loophole - Lesson Learned

JSZZ
New Community Member

Paypal does not have a fraud department and was not able to address this. By posting in community forum, maybe they will actually do something about this.

I am an Ebay seller. Buyer requested refund for $30 in items sold. Case closed in favor of buyer for $30.

Buyer opens a claim in Paypal for $30. Buyer also opens a case in Ebay for $30.

Paypal deducts $30 from my account. E-bay also fronts $15 for one of the 2 items. 

$45 comes out of my Paypal account on a $30 transaction.

Ebay will not refund the $15. Paypal will not adjust the $30 taken from my account. I am out $45.

Buyer is a scam artist and based on ebay feedback - he has done this numerous times (based sellers feedback comments). 

Scam = If a buyer files a claim with Paypal and then separately with Ebay, they can recoup more than their original purchase.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

it is not possible to open a case on both ebay and paypal for the same item.

when buyer opens a case on eBay,EBAY will immediately asks Paypal to withhold the payment.

so it is not possible for Paypal to withhold the same payment as it has already been withheld 

likewise,if buyer files a chargeback,then his case with Paypal is automatically closed.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

are there 2 items involved and there are 2 listings,one for each item and you sent one invoice for both items? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.