Ebay Sales Tax flagged as Suspicious

tools-n-toys77
Contributor
Contributor

Ebay has begun adding sales tax to transactions in my state. Apparently they split the sales tax into a separate transaction.

Yesterday I made three transactions and Paypal flagged one of them as suspicious and began texted me. I was going to check things when I got home but the system kept texting me making me think this was urgent. I suspected it was legit from the day's activity but I did not recognize the amount and did not want to approve a fraudulent transaction so I replied 'no' from my cell.

This began a resolution process that included locking me out of my account with a message that there was an unknown login, which started getting me worried. I had to go through security process and change password to get back into my account.

The text msg told me a case had been created in the account resolution center. Once I was back online I looked for a link to it but there is no link from the home page to the account resolution center. I had to search through the help center to find a link, another annoying waste of time. Neither was there a notification of the new case to help me jump quickly to it.

I am still wondering about the alleged unauthorized access and I'm looking for information on logins but can't find any. Facebook shows logins by device and ip, why can't PayPal? I found a supposed 'security center' page but there's nothing useful there either.

Today the resolution center responds that there was nothing suspicious found and closes the case. No explanation of this stupid glitch. This process was annoying, tedious and the 'resolution' was opaque and uninformative.

Why would you flag an Ebay sales tax charge? Why would you flag one out of three sales tax charges from three transactions that were made within an hour of each other?

That was really stupid. Is this going to happen again?

Please fix this glitch. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.