Ebay PayPal dispute issue

Caroline76
New Community Member

So, 6 weeks ago I sold a child’s electric scooter for £70, the buyer came to my house, got his child to test out the scooter on my road in front of my house, made sure the child was happy with the purchase he checked everything was okay and the away they went with the scooter.

then 6 weeks later put a disputed through PayPal to say it’s was not working and the motor isn’t working properly? It was when it was sold!

paypal have decided that he deserves his money back, leaving me with a broken scooter and £70 less. This doesn’t seem right to me.

the Ebay advert said no returns this item was sold as second hand, in good working condition , it’s going to be returned back to me not working?

if I bought a car, could I ask for a refund after 6 weeks of driving it? I don’t think so, what happened to ‘caveat emptor’ buyer beware, I feel like I’ve been scammed by PayPal.

I emailed paypal yesterday and tweeted them to ask them to explained this decision, I have had no reply’s. I want to know if this decision was made by a algorythem or a real person actually read my statement. I am told that because of GDPR I have the right to ask and they have to answer,  it as yet I have no answers, no scooter and £70 out of pocket and I’m really upset by all of this.

please can anyone help me, I have tried calling but the automated system doesn’t work for disputed calls.

thank you

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.