Ebay Issue resolved now escalated to PayPal

PJT2
Contributor
Contributor

I have had an issue with an eBay buyer who had not read the description of the item correctly.  I offered a partial refund which was declined and when I contacted eBay they resolved it in my favour citing Buyers Remorse.   However, the buyer somehow escalated this to a PayPal dispute - not sure how he managed this after eBay had supposedly resolved the issue.  Anyway, in trying to contact PayPal about  this by their messaging service only get an automated reply which is useless and unprofessional.  How do I now resolve this issue in my favour? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PJT2

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate dispute policies.

Buyers can open a dispute on both (as long as its not at the same time).

If Paypal find in the buyers favour then they will have to return the item back to you trackable to prove delivery before you have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PJT2
Contributor
Contributor

a refund of the buying price less postage was offered as the buyer obviously made a mistake by not reading the description fully.  Moreover, the buyer appears to be a dealer and has realised he cannot make a profit from the item.  He has also been rude and offensive.  The main issue I have yet again is that I am going to lose money in terms of postage from the incompetence and vitriolic nature of a buyer.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PJT2

Sad though that is, unfortunately it is one of the risks of online selling.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.