Ebay, Amazon gift cards, and Paypal

Nekyaboothe
New Community Member

Hey! so I was selling this bookbag from ebay. and someone was interested. I contacted them and they wanted me to ship it out which was no problem as it was only $10. but then she wanted me to put 3 $100 amazon cards in it as it is for her cousins birthday and wants it out ASAP. then i got a message from paypal through email that they wanted a photo of the gift cards and the receipt. the email seemed suspicious but i moved on. i simply put $15 on one gift card and took a photo of the 3 paypal didn't respond yet and the woman stopped responding but she may text me in the morning. should i wait for the money transaction or ship it out? I may no longer continue along with this as it is far too much and too complicated. I'm not really sure if its a scam either

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hey Nekyaboothe,

Welcome to the Community!

The sale that you are describing does not sound genuine. PayPal would never ask you to include gift cards with an item you are selling. We would only advise you to ship the item you are selling and not to purchase additional items on behalf of a buyer.

In order for you to be covered under our Seller Protection Policy, you would need to check the transaction details page on the payment that you have received. The transaction will need to show that you are covered under our Seller Protection Policy and you are only covered by posting the item to the address on the transaction details page.

You can find more information on our Seller Protection Policy and how you can be covered for your sales here https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.