ET MCI Sale - Charges

dreiquevada
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I withdrew an amount from my PayPal account to my bank account (MetroBank - Philippines). After doing so, there were charges in my bank account with transaction name as ET MCI Sale. There were even 3 and they are very large charges summing up to 5504.97 PHP. What is this? Can someone verify this transaction? I really do not remember using my PayPal account nor my bank account to pay these kind of fees. Please help. Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

dreiquevada
Contributor
Contributor
Turned out I was a victim of phishing scheme. Apparently one of the Metrobank's ATM is compromised and my account in bottomline was hacked. This is no fault of PayPal at all. Hackers just put random transactions in your account (including this: PayPayl ET MCI sale). Apparently, many have experienced this issue so I think just don't use Metrobank at all.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

readmymouth
New Community Member

Hi! What happened to your complaint? I had the same experience and I don't know ET MCI SALE. I blocked my card and tomorrow I'll visit the nearest Metrobank.

Login to Me Too

J1NGAM1NG
Hi peeps... I have also experienced this. 2x actually. 2times this month of April. Amounting to 150 and 35 pesos. I would love to hear what you did to stop this charges from debiting my account.
Login to Me Too

vniguidula
Contributor
Contributor

I also had this issue this morning. Did anyone get this resolved?

Login to Me Too

temp20190612a

same. I just had this happen to me. Any luck getting your money back?

Login to Me Too

jaykidz05
Contributor
Contributor
are you able to refund your money?
Login to Me Too

eayzie
New Community Member

I just called Metrobank <removed> and they said it was Airbnb, and they were right. I had a transaction with Airbnb before and used my debit card. First payment (first half) was the day the booking was confirmed and the second half is two weeks before the scheduled booking date.

Login to Me Too

Kentevalla
Hi, I currently have the same problem has anyone resolved their problems? Did you visit the branch within the same day?
Login to Me Too

lipching112510
Contributor
Contributor
Me too feb172020.. is paypal still safe to use? How will i get back the et mci sale charge?
Login to Me Too

lipching112510
Contributor
Contributor
Me too feb172020.. is paypal still safe to use? How will i get back the et mci sale charge?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.