EBay hold my payment

Natleigh92
Contributor
Contributor

Hello was wonder if someone can help me I orders item from a ebayer he then notice it was damage and cancel and refunded me my payment. When I log Into my paypa I have I go saying they have my payment and will keep it for 21 days. I don't understand why they done it?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Natleigh92

If you have a 21 day hold then it means the seller DID NOT use the 'refund' option but 'sent' the payment instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Natleigh92
Contributor
Contributor
Do you know what shall we do next ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Natleigh92

Contact the seller, he may be able to contact customer services and authorise release of the funds earlier.

He is silly using that way to refund as you can still open a paypal dispute and as he has not used the refund then you may well win a 2nd refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

. Hello Natleigh92,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community forums about this issue. I'm glad to offer a word of advice. If the merchant has sent you a refund as a "goods and services" payment, they could possibly dispute this payment and have this payment refunded. Your best bet would be to refund the payment the merchant sent and ask the merchant to issue you a refund from the original transaction. That refund would not be eligible for a dispute and should be available to you immediately if the payment was sent via your bank or PayPal balance or update your debit or credit card balance in an average timeframe of 3 - 5 business days. You can give the merchant this link to show them how to issue a refund: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-issue-a-full-or-partial-refund-faq780.

If the merchant does not cooperate, you can file a dispute for an item "significantly not as desribed". You should escalate this dispute to a claim. If the claim is found in your favor, you will need to send the item back for your refund but the merchant would not be able to dispute the refund. If you would like assistance with the return shipping costs, you can sign up for the return shipping program to have the costs reimbursed up to $30. You can find information on this free service at www,paypal.com/returns.

Here is information on how to file a dispute for an item or service "significantly not as described" or an item or service you did not receive : https://goo.gl/5C6KjT

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.