EBAY PURCHASE FROM HELL - BAG RETURNED TO SELLER AND NOW HE SAYS ITS DAMAGED

TZVIKA23
New Community Member

hello guys

wanted to share the story of my purchase from ebay of LOUIS VUITTON BAG 1.8K$.

i got the bag a month or something late, took it to LV store told me its fake (seller send some kind of receipt in Russian, not a ORIGINAL LOUIS VUITTON one). 

first ebay told me seller dont accept returns-although it says in the listing he does : 

https://i.imgur.com/s2jZbmS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bRjHQ7O.jpg

then after i told ebay its fake they told me to send it back, provide tracking and once it will show it arrived then they will refund.

the bag has arrived and they told me ill get the money back - BUT, along the way, one of their costumer service people told me to open a case in Paypal cuz they are working hand to hand.

now ebay told me they cant refund cuz paypal have a case there too,

then paypal tells me seller say that i returned the bag damaged - which i clearly did not!

my question is - if the seller damaged the bag intentionally+ take pics, how do they know who to believe?

im seriously so sick from this case, first from ebay mess of costumer service and now this thing in paypal.

do u have any advice?

thx

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TZVIKA23,

Welcome to our Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear this case has been such an ordeal. I understand how concerning these types of situations can be. Normally from here, PayPal will request certain documentation from the seller. Based on that documentation received, PayPal may side in the seller's favor. However, since there's still a possibility the case may be decided in your favor, I normally just recommend awaiting PayPal's judgement on the claim and reach out to our Customer Support with any questions or concerns at that time. 

Thank you for your time and best wishes with your claim,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.