EBAY Global Shipping Program How To get refund on items never even shipped from the seller

wshinji
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I used Ebay Shipping program to buy an item from overseas.

Due to Covid I waited months and wasnt sure how much longer I needed to wait so I decided to cancel the item and get a full refund instead.

As the seller told me I could not get a refund for the shipping as it was paid to an external shipping company called Pitney Bowes account and not eBay.

I raised a dispute case finally AFTER I was told by Ebay when the estimated shipping time has past as I couldnt raise a dispute any other way.

After raising the dispute Ebay said its not covered by Ebay Buyer protection and refund is cannot be recovered.

1) I didnt even use the shipping service

2) No item was shipped

3) Pre-Paid for shipping service I didnt get use.

Ebay took my shipping money under their Global Shipping Program, can anyone suggest how I can get this Money back please?

Thank you 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wshinji 

Sorry what does this have to do with Paypal?

Ebay is a totally different company?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wshinji
Contributor
Contributor

I havent got the refund back from Ebay which was paid to them via Paypal. So although they are separate companies, the payment was taken from me via paypal.

So can paypal be able to fight on my behalf for the funds/reimburse/have some sort of buyer protection or something on these lines is what I am hoping for.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.