E-Helium Inc Fraudulent Seller

jk1194
Contributor
Contributor

On 5/21, I made a purchase through a Facebook link (mistake number one, I know) for some mountain biking gear. Received an immediate confirmation. and things looked fine. The next morning, however, I realized it was a fraudulent website. After looking through info on the PayPal site, I filed an unauthorized use claim listing a fraudulent seller as the reason. That claim was denied. I've tried reaching out to the seller again with no response, and now my confirmation number no longer shows an order but an error screen on their website. When I try to open a new claim in the dispute resolution center I'm taken directly to the resolution of the first report, and am unable to open another one. What recourse do I have left?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jk1194 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Philip85
Contributor
Contributor
I made the same purchase approx a week ago. The purchase was billed in GBP but showing on my account as USD, and I paid 89.98 USD. May I ask if you have had any success in claiming a reimbursement? Or has the seat arrived (long shot)? Thanks, Phil
Login to Me Too

Andyscott1547
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone had a resolution? I’ve raised a case today.
Login to Me Too

rbldude14
Contributor
Contributor

Oh boy, looks like I got duped as well. My transaction was on May 23. $89.98. I think maybe contacting Facebook as well? Anyone have any luck?

Login to Me Too

Joost265
Contributor
Contributor
Same here, through Instagram. Seller called “wizedeal”. Did anyone hear anything?
Login to Me Too

rbldude14
Contributor
Contributor

Update, I got reimbursed by my credit card. It was very easy on Chase website to dispute. Money was credited within 2 days. 

Login to Me Too

Joost265
Contributor
Contributor
Nothing from the seller I take it?
Login to Me Too

Mightyred
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a phone holder on 18/06/20 from the same supplier. Same issue with the order number gone. Tracking said it went from Shenzhen 28/05/20 but after reading this I doubt that is real either.
Login to Me Too

Mightyred
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry 18/05/20
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.