Dyson Vacuum Cleaners. and Paypal

Jeanette50
Contributor
Contributor

I have been asking for a resolution to my transaction with Dyson which was charged to my account in a July 2019 with delivery to be 6 months later eg. January 2020.  Last night I finally spoke to a staff member from PayPal after some discussion told me they could help me even though my transaction was after the 180 day period  this being as they could see delivery was after 180days.  After telling me last night they could help. Then they proceeded to claim against a company with whom I had no complaint   I immediately contacted PayPal to say they had the wrong company. Now today I have an email to say they cannot assist me.  My complaint or enquiry was about the company Dyson. Eg Vacuum Cleaners 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jeanette50,

I'm so sorry to hear about an issue with an item that was purchased in July. Purchasing an item with a delivery date that exceeds the 180 day dispute time frame is a risk that it seems has resulted in the current situation - the inability to open a dispute. I am sorry that there was confusion regarding whether or not a dispute could be opened. We are not typically able to open disputes after 180 days. It's possible that the dispute that was opened was opened mistakenly, under the belief that it was the same company. You can close an erroneous dispute in the Resolution Center.  

I regret that you will not be able to dispute the older purchase through PayPal.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Jeanette50
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou.  This is the first time I have had a dispute but it puts a sour taste  and makes me wary to buy other products now. Any way I have lost the money plus the product. Their guarantee was so convincing I went with the sale. Never mind. Thanks again Jeanette 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.