Duplicate $20 charges on PayPal but only ONE $20 funds added to Chick-fil-a-One App

ElaineHN
New Community Member

I have seen the discussion about the temporary $1 charge when using the app, but this is NOT that situation.

In my case, I did add $20 from PayPal to my Chick-fil-a One app on July 6.   However the charge shows up on PayPal twice as two $20 charges (and thus, two $20 tranfers from my bank account since I did not have money in PP at that time.)    On my CFA-One app I ONLY show the one $20 'funds added' ... it does not show up twice.   There are no additional 'funds added' since that date and the only one before it was in June and was a different dollar amount.

PP says to contact CFA for a refund of the 'duplicate charge' ... but CFA only shows ONE transaction they do not show $20 being added to my account twice.   So there is nothing to be 'refunded' as far as they are concerned.  

I have contacted my bank and have filed a PP dispute, but I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem and if so did you have any luck getting it resolved?  

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ElaineHN 

I hope you clicked 'Duplicate Transaction' option since there were 2 x $20 transactions after clicking "Report a problem" on one of the transactions. I did this when I had a 2x transactions showing on my PayPal account activity right after my purchase and it was taken care of (refunded) on the spot real time in a snap. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ElaineHN
New Community Member

I did and hopefully that will take care of things.   I'm glad to hear that it did work for you.  

I posted because seeking a refund was the only thing I could find int he FAQs and I'd heard from others that they were not able to successfully resolve duplicate transaction issues with PP and had only been advised that they would have to seek a refund.   But I'll keep my fingers crossed that having filed the "duplicate transaction" issue will lead to a fix.

Thank you for your reassuring reply.

Login to Me Too

Dee2003fr
New Community Member
Did you get your money back ?? Same thing happen to me today.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.