Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd.

Rachellegend
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any dealings with this co? Ive purchased but now worried about it being a scam after reading a lot on the forums? Will i be protected by PayPal? Can i cancel my order via PayPal as the money has not been taken yet from my bank account, its just been authorised

Login to Me Too
926 REPLIES 926

Crazymommy1963
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a fold up portable scooter to use for my disability. No word from this company and now this is what paypal says. I Did Not received the schooter and the checking account did not exist. And I sent paypal the money to fill the order. Thank PayPal for another and prob won't receive my other item from the company either or money back. So PayPal is closing my order and no money returned. I go no tracking or nothing on this company. So paypal is taking there word. I'm out of 69.99. Bull crap.
Login to Me Too

JASONX6000
Contributor
Contributor

If you funded your paypal account with VISA or MASTERCARD and are with in 90 days, contact them.  They are more aggressive than paypal seems to be.  I got lucky and paypal refunded me, including shipping and I did not have to return the item.  It came from California, but they wanted me to ship to China....what a piece of work this company is....Good luck, man.

Login to Me Too

lfalsetto

Purchased a **bleep** clock in October they refuse to respond and have not sent item.

Login to Me Too

akspears_71
This company is bad news! I ordered two dolls for my my granddaughters on September 23rd. After about a month, I emailed them about the ETA on my order. They apologized about a delay, etc, etc. So, again, I waited. After another while, I emailed them...they apologized. So, last night, I filed a complaint through PayPal. The seller emailed me this morning with apologies (again) and offered me a refund of $4.00 if I would close my PayPal claim. My purchase from them was $50.39! They are a joke!! Of course, I will not accept their ridiculous offer!
Login to Me Too

Carbella
Contributor
Contributor
Considering a purchase through this company??? DON’T! You can buy similar items at a dollar store for a fraction of the price.
Login to Me Too

Dune56

I ordered a musical carousel from Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce on a website called Everlost Ltd. The cost was $38.38USD. The carousel on their website had an inscription on it "Granddaughter, I Love You To The Moon and back" and looked to be of good quality. By the time I paid the exchange rate on the US dollar, it cost me $52.66 CDN. I eventually received a carousel in the mail but it was a cheap plastic toy that you would find in a dollar store and it did not have an inscription on it. It was sent to me in a plastic shipping bag and the box it came in was dented in. I emailed the company immediately and complained that this was not the same as I had seen on their website and I wanted a refund. They would not give me a refund saying that if I just keep it, I will love it as other customers did. I realized this was a scam operation. So that is when I contacted PayPal to request a refund and told PayPal of my experience with this merchant. PayPal contacted the merchant and I was offered only $19 USD, so decided I better accept that as I may not receive anything.  I did return that cheap plastic toy and it cost me $22 to send it back. All totaled I spent $75 CDN with paying shipping both ways, for a $4 dollar toy. I do not know if I will actually receive the refund. 

This was the plastic carousel I receivedThis was the plastic carousel I receivedThis is the carousel advertised on their websiteThis is the carousel advertised on their website

Login to Me Too

Toothtugga
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal sides with dodgy sellers

I received some rubbish goods, incorrect items and so cheap and rubbish. I contacted seller who offered half my money back. It ended in a dispute on PayPal. I have done everything they asked, I returned the items and sent proof of postage. PayPal refunded the postage I paid. Which they said they wouldn’t do until I sent proof of postage. Now they have closed the dispute in favour of the seller. Why should I be out of pocket. I always used PayPal as I thought I was safe if someone tried to rip me off. Now I feel ripped off by PayPal

Login to Me Too

BebelOne
Contributor
Contributor

Number One -You should not have been advised to send back their cheap junk....

Two.... PayPal should have honored what you can report on their Resolution Centre....Significantly different to what was ordered.....

Three...Report to  Cyber.gov.au Victoria Police and send your report onto PayPal.

Four -Report to Scam Watch.

Five... Report this fraud to... reportfraud.ftc.gov

(federal trade commission)

DON'T LET THESE PROFESSIONAL SCAMMERS WIN.....SO HOPEFULLY THEY WILL BE SHUT DOWN.... GOOD LUCK

Login to Me Too

kimbo0524
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the Bumble Ugly Christmas Sweater.  It was on sale, so even with shipping it was a little less than $40. The website that came up didn't even say Duo, it was an unrelated looking url.  I wasn't happy when I got it.  It was nothing like the add.  Filed a claim with PayPal.  I only wanted half my money back.  It was a crappy version of what I expected, but I figured I could make it work.  Duo Tongguang offered a $6 refund.  I refused.  They countered with full refund, only if I ship it back to China.  Would cost me almost $40 to send it back, even though it was shipped to me from NJ.  Totally fishy.  My only resolution that PayPal is allowing is to ship it with proof or cancel the dispute.  Total <removed>.  I know anyone can offer PayPal as a method of payment, but one would think with the sheer number of complaints that PayPal would ban the vendor.

As advertisedAs advertisedWhat I got.What I got.

Login to Me Too

therealvee77
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal offers a shipping refund, up to $30.....you should check on that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.