Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd.

Rachellegend
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any dealings with this co? Ive purchased but now worried about it being a scam after reading a lot on the forums? Will i be protected by PayPal? Can i cancel my order via PayPal as the money has not been taken yet from my bank account, its just been authorised

Login to Me Too
926 REPLIES 926

Newswick
Contributor
Contributor

I do not understand why PayPal are allowing sites like this one to trade on their pay site? it is very bad public relations for PayPal, you are allowing scammers to operate and dupe people in to purchasing items that are nothing like the description of the product advertised by these unscrupulous merchants. And it all appears to be emanating from one country.
I ordered a German Cuckoo Clock with working mechanisms and chimes along with a rotating diaphragm with 3D people and working clock.

What I received is a cheep imitation clock value of $5 nothing even close to the description of the product I intended to purchase.
Looking on the Web for direction to this company I see a myriad of people complaining to PayPal for being Defrauded by this company (Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce) for many items not matching description.

When will PayPal act responsibly to protect Buyers on the Internet and stop allowing fraudulent merchants operating out of this country on their site?

I have tried to access there website and wouldn't you know it, the site is unavailable. You can not email the site or contact them in anyway to ask for a refund.

Why I ask again allow these company's to trade ??????

Login to Me Too

Fost1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm heartbroken to be scammed by this company.   I'm a senior citizen living on a limited budget.   I ordered what I thought would be a beautiful set of dolls for my granddaughter for Christmas.  The company has claimed they delivered them to me.   All I received were two ugly stuffed toys which I would value for about $1.00 each only fit for the garbage.    This company is a fraud.  Too be honest I never put two and two together until PayPal said they have a delivered note that I received my order.   When these dolls came I thought it was a secret sister gift.   Our church exchanged names and we were to send each secret sister a silly gift.   Now I realize I have been robbed by these fraudulent company.     Others need to be warned about this 

Login to Me Too

Fost1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm heartbroken to be scammed by this company.   I'm a senior citizen living on a limited budget.   I ordered what I thought would be a beautiful set of dolls for my granddaughter for Christmas (see below).  The company has claimed they delivered them to me.   All I received were two ugly stuffed toys which I would value for about $1.00 each (only fit for the garbage).    This company is a fraud.   I've attached pictures of the items I ordered and show you what they sent me.    Too be honest I never put two and two together until you said they have a delivered note that I received my order.   When these dolls came I thought it was a secret sister gift.   Our church exchanged names and we were to send each secret sister a silly gift.   Now I realize I have been robbed by these fraudulent company.   Is there any further action that can be taken?   Others need to be warned about this.   How can I get this settled.   PayPal have closed my case.  

69dc0f11e04908d4459a451f4eb82d89_100x_nw.jpeg3c5eb3f40e03881cb833f67d49c06b68_100x_nw.jpg25ca2e1ed77fef5d498742e5954b4e05_100x_nw.pngIMG_0716.jpg

Login to Me Too

Debbiej1313
Contributor
Contributor

Fight fight fight!  PayPal knows this company is a scammer.  They have blocked them from further sales.  Call PayPal.  Reason with them.I got resolution quickly.

Login to Me Too

BebelOne
Contributor
Contributor

I AM SORRY YOU WERE CHEATED BY THESE SO &SO -CHINESE SCAMMERS. WHY DID PAYPAL CLOSE YOUR CASE? DID YOU CLAIM A FULL REFUND BECAUSE YOU CAN ....AS YOU RECEIVED....YOUR ORDERED GOODS....THAT WERE SIGNIFICENTLY DIFFERENT TO WHAT WAS ORDERED.

I WOULD TELL THEM YOU WILL REPORT THIS MATTER TO OMBUDSMAN WHO WILL INVESTIGATE THE COMPLAINT & OFFER A FINAL DECISION.

RING [removed, phone #s not permitted] (8.30 AM - 5 PM) MONDAY - FRIDAY.

GOOD LUCK.....DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT....

Login to Me Too

BebelOne
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL SHOULD BE AWARE BY NOW THAT DUO TONGGUANG ELECTRONIC COMMERCE CO. LTD ARE NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS TAKING EVERYONE'S MONIES,  AND SENDING JUST JUNK. WE AS INNOCENT BUYERS,  SHOULD MAKE SURE THAT THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY IS  SHUT DOWN PERMANENTLY.

PAYPAL PROTECT YOUR CUSTOMERS....AND NOT THESE CHEATING SO & SO'S.......

THEY HAVE BEEN REPORTED TO SCAMWATCH AND TO CYBER POLICE......

Login to Me Too

kate_a_scott
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed by this company twice (I purchased twice before anything had arrived). The items take about a month to arrive.

First ordered life size resin witch's legs as Halloween decoration and received flimsy fabric hanging witches legs. Then ordered 2m tall rattan reindeer and received battery operated reindeer fairy lights.

Paypal did not refund me for the witch's legs and I have just submitted a claim about the reindeer but do not hold out much hope. I have been defrauded $100 in total.

Paypal needs to ban this seller.

Login to Me Too

PurpleClaireM
Contributor
Contributor

It's been heartening and frustrating to know that I have shared experiences with others. I eventually phones Paypal yesterday after opening a dispute and then getting no response to messages. 

Please everyone do these things

1) log a dispute and challenge. Make clear in your statement that you have been the victim of fraud and that you know that the item they said they were selling was not in fact what you received

2) phone PayPal and tell them you want this situation escalating. Also ask for your return of the package to be covered by them (I'm currently waiting for them to pay my postage back to China as a separate claim

3) report them to the police. In the UK this is via https://www.actionfraud.police.uk a really simple form. Upload emails and photos as evidence.

I know that I have learnt that the more people use the resolution centre to challenge the higher up the list it goes on Paypal's investigations. It also helps to call them and make your case further. It also makes an enormous difference to log as a crime so that Paypal and authorities can officially investigate and draw on powers only available to investigators.

With enough of us standing up against crime and making enough noise we can at least try and get our money back and maybe even make a difference in shutting down avenues for these fraudsters. I know it takes time but please lets do this as we should have confidence to buy online and put the pressure on Facebook and PayPal to have the systems in place to protect us.

Login to Me Too

smn58
Contributor
Contributor

This is what I THOUGHT I was purchasing (3 OF THEM)

fraud christmas tree.png

THIS IS WHAT I RECEIVED.... PASTIC AND REQUIRES A BATTERY! AND COST ME $60.00!!!

..PALSTIC - requires batteriesPALSTIC - requires batteriesfraud tree.jpg

Login to Me Too

Debbiej1313
Contributor
Contributor

Fight fight fight.  This company HAS been blocked by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.