Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd.

Rachellegend
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had any dealings with this co? Ive purchased but now worried about it being a scam after reading a lot on the forums? Will i be protected by PayPal? Can i cancel my order via PayPal as the money has not been taken yet from my bank account, its just been authorised

Login to Me Too
926 REPLIES 926

NatalieTom
Contributor
Contributor

I've also been duped by this company from an ad on Facebook. They were advertising a christmas garland set for £65, however after purchase i realised something wasnt right with the confirmation email.

After some digging around i found they were mimicing a company based in Florida and the true price of the product was £350!

I had a confirmation email with an email address on so i replied to cancel and it bounced back. The PayPal confirmation had a different email address so i sent a cancel email to that but no reply!

I opened a dispute with PayPal but i chose the Unauthorised access option which i realise now its the wrong one!

This is what PayPal sent me: After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorised and therefore isn't eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection. wrong option! I had a reply from PayPal saying there was no evidence

There is no option on the transaction to escilate it furthur can anyone advise what i can do now?

Login to Me Too

tracewil
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me. I ordered a blue snowman wreath that was suppose to light up, got a small cheap red snowman. I looked up the wreath and found that it is actually a Thomas kinkade wreath sold on Bradford exchange for a lot more than I paid. They were just using that picture to sell wreaths. They never even had those!!! I would think paypal would flag them and not send money to them.
Login to Me Too

ojamaarika
Contributor
Contributor

post all your products to YOUTUBE as in the video below. Paypal should return all the money to you and terminate the contract with this sale, as supporting CHEATS is also a crime.

https://youtu.be/BFL6XYAdZYw?t=30

Login to Me Too

MarieChoucalas
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed also, just waiting to hear what PayPal will refund, since I returned the package as they stated I should.

I saw where someone said we should all contact :  econsumer.gov.   

I’m checking into that option in addition to :  if PayPal doesn’t refund, then they need to be investigated for fraud.

Login to Me Too

celadonpalace
Contributor
Contributor

I'm with you. A class action law suit.

Login to Me Too

cassie38
Contributor
Contributor

You could ask for help from your credit card company if that is how you pay Paypal? Alternatively, the small claims court.

Login to Me Too

MarieChoucalas
Contributor
Contributor

This company is a fraud, I’m not sure why paypal even disputes their customers claims, I ordered three 18” wreaths, I received 3 tiny mis-shaped pillows with photos of the wreaths on the pillows.   The package came from California, but of course Dua Tongguang Electronics wants the package returned to China, which will then pretend they never received it.  The USPS even told me, this is common with companies in China, or rather individuals that scam from China.   Quite a few scams from China, that’s for sure.   Though when you order the items there is no indication that this is not coming from someplace in the US.   PayPal needs to automatically deny any money going to them, we are PayPals customers that are told that it is a safe way to pay for merchandise, fraud is addressed in a fair way, I hope so.  I’ll wait to see what happens with my claim.   $74.97 was what I paid they offered $6 refund and keep the junk,  I want all my money.   The request that you return merchandise to a location in China that costs upwards of almost $20, the package came from California, scam written all over this company

Login to Me Too

celadonpalace
Contributor
Contributor

One of my packages from them came from The Netherlands.

Login to Me Too

Annie1219
Contributor
Contributor

This company is a SCAMMER.  You receive a cheap knock off that looks like a $2 toy. It happened twice to me.  (I didn't know it was the same company) I think I'll stay safe and not order anything from China.  I received a refund for the first order,  but not for shipping.  I just sent amother email for the second order today.  

Login to Me Too

SusanR289
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know why PayPal continues to allow transactions from this company when it's obviously a scamming co. I bought 2 Waldorf dolls from them and paid 53USD. What I received was 2 ugly cheap dolls from a Chinese market which cost 50 cents at most!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.