Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd. - SCAM!!

racevedo
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a pretty nice doll on sale and got an very ugly-low quality- 1 USD-attempt to be a doll... I even paid for an express VIP shipment and it took 1,5 months to arrive. I wish I had read all the bad comments about this scam seller before.

After 20 complains and emails to the seller, the apologies because the product may have some minor differences from the offered pictures... Please see the pictures and cry with me.

Now, Paypal is asking me to return the product at my cost and wait 2 months until it arrives back to China, then they can accept the product was received and then giving my money back. Obviously the seller will never confirm it was received, so they receive the product back and sell it again with no detriment for them at all but even more cost for me. Great way to make business! and Paypal backs it up.4a1fab82-751c-4ceb-97dc-1f30dcb0d601.jfifea7383eb-86f8-4fd1-908b-cdf3a52fafa8.jfif 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Jmac3
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same thing happened to me.  This is ridiculous.  I hope PayPal steps up on this.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@racevedo 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Pintsize_Iain
Contributor
Contributor

Read the Time magazine article:

"Here's How Shopping Scams On Facebook Are Ripping Off Thousands of Customers, With The Money Flowing Overseas"

It explains who owns and operates Duo Tongguang Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.