Double payment

AlexandraKat
New Community Member
Hello, On the 9th of February I placed an online order on a greek site. I was charged two times for the same product, on two different dates. First authorization transaction (on the exact day I made the onine order) is nowhere to be seen on my profile, although I had gotten an e-mail about it and got the money drawn from my card. Second payment was 10 days after my order and I had no idea about it, no e-mail or notice, until I saw the money that had been drawn from my card again. Mind that I already got a refund from the company, because I returned the product to them, but still, money has been drawn twice from my card. Can this be sorted out so that I can get my money back for the double payment?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @AlexandraKat,

An authorization is simply a placeholder for a payment. This means you weren't originally charged, the payment was simply shown in your account while we processed the payment. Typically the authorization drops off as soon as the transaction completes. I would advise checking to ensure your card was refunded the original hold. If not, please advise your bank or card company of the duplication so they can look into it and ensure it's resolved. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.