Double billed by Peapod grocery, and I'm not allowed to open a complaint.

Ratteler
Contributor
Contributor

I was billed 2x, by Peapod grocery. Once on 4/2/2020 for $110.72, when I set the delivery date of 4/16/2020, and again today 4/16/2020 for $119.71 when they showed up with about $70 of my order.

Of course, EVERYONE is taking the opportunity to not even let me complain about this. No phone calls, no messaging, not even E-mail.
"We have your money and were closed now! Why don't you die like a good disabled person."

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ratteler 

Contact the merchant first, they have 1800 # at the bottom FAQ:

https://www.peapod.com

Ask them what's the deal with the billing and hopefully they can adjust it on their end. Unless their customer service phone lines are also down. If there is a temporary authorization (which PayPal can't cancel) with funds held. It can either expire in no longer than 30 days or update on its own depending on how the merchant have their system set up but do reach out to PeaPod CS first.

PeaPod should have captured $70s worth of the $110.72 through a payment processing method called Authorize to Capture (A2C). Full amount was authorized and the actual final amount later captured.

And yes for some reason, some transactions don't give you a "Report a problem" button in the transaction details for who knows what reason. Did you try the Resolution Center as well?

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Select the reason for your dispute and click Continue.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ratteler
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker . As I stated, "Everyone" is doing this.
I tried PeaPod first. Just as with PayPal, they are not allowing phone calls, messages, or even E-mails.
I also tried all these steps with PayPal, before coming here.

I'm doing this as an extemporaneous record of what happened, as close to WHEN it happened, because THIS is the only record of note I am allowed to provide to prove I tried to reach someone responsible. I've also documented my frustration with Facebook, when the systems there also failed to get any response.

I don't have the luxury of a savings account, or other income sources. So this kind of problem quite literally puts my life in danger by draining what little resources I do have.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ratteler 

I feel ya and this pandemic is doing a doozy on everyone. You have to keep trying to reach out to PayPal by non-phone line ways during this time and have patience and persevere the best you can. As you can see by the boards, tons of people need help with their issue and have money on the line so you're not the only one.

Response will take longer.

1. Log on.
  2. Click HELP at the top menu.
  3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.
  4. Scroll down to click MESSAGE US or other contact options such as live chat.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/

Facebook (Worldwide): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (Worldwide): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ratteler
Contributor
Contributor

I just got an Email asking me if he problem was solved.
NO! NO AT ALL!

But through the only place that anyone at @PayPalUSA is answering, on Facebook, IF you leave a comment on their Covid message, I found out the following. 

After hours of I'Ming, and FB posting all the relevant parties, I established that #PayPal is the problem. It cannot be dealt with because PayPal Processing refuses to pay people to answer phones while Working from home.

PayPal changed their policy to hold all card purchases for 30 days instead of seven, as the merchants expect. This means I'm going to be paying double for all my groceries, until PayPal get's their stuff together, and releases the unclaimed funds for my original order date within two weeks, which is the average of now getting online groceries delivered.

Because the merchant doesn't even keep records of charges that far back, they can't release the unclaimed funds. They don't even know they are double billing me.

Hopefully we'll get rid of the #Dotard administration this November, in the coming years we get a Federal Regulator shoved so far up PayPal, you won't be able burp without tasting what they ate. Or better yet, competition for your services. Till then. At least try not to annoy us daily with your evil corporate incompetence coupled with your complete lack of empathy for the suffering YOU are causing.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

"We have your money and were closed now! Why don't you die like a good disabled person."

How about “we’re closed now due to the worldwide pandemic virus issue. Have patience with us while we are dealing with rude people who don’t have an understanding of the situation?”

Disability isn’t an excuse. I say this as a vital, active person who has been in a wheelchair for twelve years.  Coma for two+ years yet my common sense isn’t disabled. 

Login to Me Too

Ratteler
Contributor
Contributor

@Dell14z "How about “we’re closed now due to the worldwide pandemic virus issue. Have patience with us while we are dealing with rude people who don’t have an understanding of the situation?"

That might well be my response if ANY means of addressing the issue was left intact.  When you have the staff to silence  any means of reporting a problem, it is probably better to put them to work SOLVING your customers problems instead of aggravating their issue by extreme callous indifference.

I don't need an "excuse" to be a victim of FRAUD. While I've only been wheelchair bound myself for 3 years, I have a decade of experience before that pushing my mother's wheelchair as her full time caregiver, while also working for a senior nutrition program taking care of nearly 150 members in various states of health.
Perhaps YOU have significant financial resources to watch YOUR account be depleted because you wanted to eat, and getting someone to take your wheelchair down steps to go shopping in New York City while maintaining Social distancing. But I do NOT!

You have some nerve taking down to someone even close to being in your position.
Apparently whatever faith you might follow has no concept of Karma.

Feel free to send me the $100+ PayPal and PeaPod have defrauded me out of, since apparently food insecurity is NOT one of YOUR problems.
Otherwise I would ask you to NOT help PayPal, PeaPod, and most likely countless other corporations shirk their responsibilities by normalizing this kind of abuse. It shouldn't happen to ANYONE. My disability is not MY excuse for demanding the services I am paying for, it's the reason Corporate entities entrusted with OUR resources should be held to a higher standard than the local mom & pop store.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I understood your frustration. I’m on ssdi and it goes to my medical group home. I’m broke and just filed four disputes for $27.80 total. Two disputes were for .53 each!  If I pay $10.53 and your “full” refund is $10.00, you owe me money. It’s the principle of the matter. If PayPal can’t help, my bank will step in though they’re inundated right now with every branch closed. 

I’m not a defender of PayPal by any means. Sharpiemarker is right, though. He said to contact Peapod as they charged you incorrectly. PayPal is the middleman and needs you to try to get help first. 

You didn’t lose a small amount of money. Peapod needs to take action quickly. I wish you good luck and stay safe.  

Login to Me Too

Ratteler
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope everyone in you group home is taking this seriously. I'm already hearing horror stories from some facilities I worked in. Treat everyone who usually helps you like a carrier. People with underlying conditions like us are the most at risk.
I am sadly alone. If I want to eat, I have to cook.

I don't have a bank level to pit against the systems. I was able to get some at PeaPod on Facebook. Evidently PayPal is having a problem releasing funds back to the customer, that are too old to be charged.
My order was placed on April 2nd, and delivered on April 15th. Ordinarily if funds are not released to the Grocery, they are supposed to be released back to me. I now realize this has happened twice. Once with Instacart, another grocery service, and now with PeaPod.

The charge on the 4/2 was too far back for the PeaPod CS Rep to even see. I was charged the full amount the second time because PayPal should have released my original funds back to me after 7 days.

Sadly this speaks to a much larger breakdown at PayPal.
I guess I'll spend all day tomorrow in FB chat trying to get a PayPal rep.
In the meantime, I get to replan my meals based on what I have left. Both in the cupboard and in the account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.