Dont Order from Seicane (China car audio company)

FlushWithFlavor
New Community Member

I ordered an android head unit on March 31st, 2020... paid almost $60 for "3-5 day express shipping" after a few days got in contact with them and was told that there was slow downs due to COVID and that it would be going out the next day... a few days later on Apr 8th they finally generated a shipping label and provided me with a tracking number... ive been in contact with them (seicane) almost daily trying to urge them to get my package turned over to DHL and all i get is the same scripted b.s. replies claiming that they have shipped it but have verified twice thru DHL that they have infact NOT received it... i have not been able to get a hold of paypal due to slow downs cause by COVID and low staffing, but i fear that i will get the run around from them and ultimately get my disputed rejected based on the fact that since this all started i have seen several reviews of this company and paypal and they have stated that Seicane has been successful in tricking paypal into believing that they sent it when they didnt and no refund was issued... im losing hope, but dont want to lose $300 on a sham scamming company... any advice on what i can do to get my money back would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in afvance.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MartinLi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm going through a situation that is very similar to yours. I made a purchase through PayPal on March 22nd and the seller didn't provide a tracking number until almost two weeks later. The tracker showed no movement - I even emailed the shipping company and they claimed that they never received the item from the seller. Last week I opened a dispute and and immediately the seller messaged me and said very clearly that he is not willing to give me my refund. I then escalated it to a claim, and the seller sent me an email, and says that he will provide a fake tracking number to PayPal to win the case! I emailed him back and straightforwardly asked him if he was scamming me, and he said yes!!! 

I've been in touch with PayPal and PayPal Community recently - seems like this fake tracking method is a common scam. If the car audio company provides a fake tracking number to PayPal and wins the case, you should contact PayPal immediately to make an appeal. They will give you some time (3-10 days) to prove that the item was not delivered to your address, so you will probably need to contact the shipping company, and get them to write you a statement that the item on the fake tracking number was not delivered to your address. 

* I haven't tried this yet since my case is still open and the seller wouldn't respond (he told me he is wasting time on purpose), but this is what PayPal told me to do in case the seller provides fake tracking information. I hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

DarrenAB
New Community Member

Going through this same thing right now. They shipped through 4PX to, apparently, ship via USPS for the final leg. Fake USPS tracking number and I never got the item. Going around and around with them to get a refund along with a PAYPAL claim, but it's progressing slowly. This was ordered on April 17th and today is July 7. Such bullsh*t.

Login to Me Too

New Community Member
Did you get an email requesting the photo of your dash and an email saying they're testing it for you before shipment?
Login to Me Too

Joneyjamz
New Community Member

yes I just got that email when I ordered to send a photo. I found this thread looking for peoples reports on shipping times. Did you get it yet?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.