Donations

Cedricsmith26
New Community Member

Recently we had a death in the family. For whatever reason instead of using <removed>my uncle sent money through PayPal for the funeral. It was only $150 but PayPal would not allow us to withdraw the money because they said they wanted proof of receipt of product. The funeral is over oh, but the money is stuck in Virtual limbo, how do I get it out?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cedricsmith26 

Why didn't he send it using the friends/family option when you would have had the funds instantly?

Instead he must have used the goods/services option and so you were subject to the new seller hold as per link below.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/my-payment-is-on-hold.-why-is-this-happening-faq3297

Try marking the transaction as processed then the sender may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the sender ie your uncle confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always available or guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.