Don’t know what to do now

Chriscross
Contributor
Contributor
Payment has gone out of my account for an order I did not place via Facebook. PayPal have said it was legit and will not help. I have emailed the company and no response and the item I am supposed to have ordered has never arrived. PayPal will not let me take this further. Also someone has cancelled my payment agreement with PayPal and this was not me. What do I do? The payment was for £44.25 which to me is a lot of money for nothing
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chriscross 

Why not open a dispute for non receipt of item to get a refund??

Click on the transaction and use the report a problem option to report it as non receipt.

Failing that if you funded your paypal payment via a card see if your card issuer will help you.

Also check it wasn't a subscription.....

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Lastly i would change my password / security questions / do a virus scan on the computer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chriscross
Contributor
Contributor
I have tried this and PayPal say I cannot
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi there @Chriscross, thank you for reaching out on our Community Forum. We're sorry to hear you're running into some issues with a recent payment processed through our service with Facebook. @kernowlass, thank you for getting the ball rolling on this one! You're expertise and experience is always appreciated. 

If this transaction was not authorized by you, I would recommend trying to report the transaction as unauthorized activity so the proper teams can investigate this further. If this was a transaction you did authorize but you did not receive the item you paid for and it was funded by a bank or card, I would recommend following Kernowlass' recommendation to reach out to your funding source to see what options you may have with them. Best wishes and have a wonderful day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.