Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Me70
New Community Member

Bought a top from them. What arrived bore no resemblance to what was ordered. From the £11.85 spent they’ve fobbed me off with a £1.51 refund.

Login to Me Too
452 REPLIES 452

Menucha
Contributor
Contributor

call paypal and keep calling .... 

Login to Me Too

gwenllian
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal are now ghosting me.

Just shoddy.

Login to Me Too

prono
Contributor
Contributor

ChicV has many more fronts including Annie Cloth, NoraCora, and HomeGaden. I did some sleuthing and they seem to be run out of Hong Kong (they forgot to remove reference to Hong Kong in the privacy policy of one of their websites). Paypal won't let me reopen the case that I prematurely closed when I received one of four items I ordered. Any attenpts to community with the company results in an auto email about how to check order status.  

Login to Me Too

CharlesUK

I had a similar experience, ordering boots in size 48. They arrived but were nothing like that size (possibly a child's size or Chinese version).

Getting no response from Chicv.com, I raised the matter with Paypal and they claim that my complaint is not covered by their policy.

More publicity and legal action seem the only ways of dealing with these fraudsters.

Login to Me Too

Fturchiano
Contributor
Contributor

Online robbery!  Half of items  delivered.  All junk. Cannot get a VISA refund for undelivered items.  No way to track or contact company re orders.  There oughta be a law!

Login to Me Too

happystrummer
Contributor
Contributor

Nacy Ailsa is another of their companies I just got stung by.  Got a dispute in with paypal.  Cancelled order within 12 hours (says 24 hours on their website) and unbelievably they had already shipped the 2 cheapest items and offering refund of 20% on the whole order so I lose £100.  Wish id seen this before i ordered

Login to Me Too

mjack60
Contributor
Contributor

I see the forum pages keep growing on this topic.  Here's the deal - ChicV International Holding Ltd. is a recognized scam, yet I see ads for all of their shadow stores on EVERY single platform and site I go on.  AOL, MSN, Amazon, Facebook, and any other site you can think of that accepts ads.  All of the companies that run their ads profit from doing so, which makes them all complicit in the scam.  Many of the companies helping the scam along - I'm looking at you, Paypal, Facebook and Amazon - are well aware of the scam.  By denying customer claims these companies continue to profit retaining the processing fees, ad fees etc.  ChicV can't do it all by themselves, they have plenty of help along the way.  

What is so disheartening is that this is becoming par for the course in American industry.  I had to fight Paypal quite hard to get my refund back from ChicV.  My route to resolution was sending repeated emails to ChicV, documenting their responses, and making it perfectly clear each time that I was aware of their scam.  I have also wasted some time leaving negative reviews and fraud reports on every ad of theirs I see on Facebook.  Ditto with paypal in terms of letting them know that I was aware of their complicit behavior by processing the orders knowing what kind of reputation ChicV has - they also have a Facebook page where I enumerated my complaints.  It shakes companies up to be dragged on social media.  Trolls might come after you but it still helps your case, I think.  I bumped my case to a claim and was very clear about what was going on and Paypal decided in my favor because, they said, ChicV never responded.  Which is true, they didn't once it was bumped to a claim.  Interesting.  I didn't have to return any items, either.

I also just got out of a nasty battle with Amazon regarding a hacked gift card balance in our account and the treatment was very similar.  2+ weeks of negotiating to get the problem resolved, with shabby treatment all the way along.  I will say one call to B of A resolved any problem on that end.  So why can't Paypal and Amazon provide similar customer service?  They lose customers this way, I would think it costs more to have so many different departments and people to handle the same issue over and over.  The process is deliberately designed to wear down the customer as a way to retain the funds.  Think of the millions these companies make in interest on these illegally retained funds.  If you google Paypal's legal history it's not pretty. They've been sued MULTIPLE times for illegally retaining customers' funds but they still keep doing it.  

These unethical business practices on American companies' part are a larger part of the problem.  As always with advertising, buyer beware.  However, that said, one would expect that a company like Paypal would vet their sellers better, especially a seller that's running a criminal racket and major fraud.  If you don't win your case against Paypal, I would definitely make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, they can help resolve claims and they have a great site where you can file your complaint.  You can also take your fight to Consumer Reports online and there are government sites online to help file fraud claims and claims against businesses who are defrauding you.  And Paypal is defrauding you when they don't side with the customer on these ChicV complaints.  No doubt about it.

Login to Me Too

AderynCymraeg
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorry for everyone who has been a victim of fraud, but I am glad I found this thread before I placed an order. I always check reviews, before ordering as I had problems with a company called New Chic, supposedly based in UK but shipping and returns were in China.

Login to Me Too

booksandcoffee
Contributor
Contributor

Now I notice the scams are moving to Amazon.  If you do not check PRIME every time and make sure you aren't buying from a "sponsored ad" the protections you used to have are gone. This is greatly curtailing my Amazon purchases. Back to the mall I go!

Login to Me Too

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to review this company on Amazon from one of their listing.  Amazon would not allow the review.  Just be careful out there.  This scam is everywhere and sites that were trusted are now enablers. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.