Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Me70
New Community Member

Bought a top from them. What arrived bore no resemblance to what was ordered. From the £11.85 spent they’ve fobbed me off with a £1.51 refund.

Login to Me Too
452 REPLIES 452

Mumbles33
Contributor
Contributor

I also bought from this international co CHICV.  I received th item in a dreadful state and immediately contacted the co who also offered me Money off

the item was unwearable and was not what I ordered so I sent it back to China a month ago and haven’t heard anything yet. It cost £5.50 to return with proof of purchase

paypal can you help here this is my first time of asking

mumbles33

Login to Me Too

JOYCEMCFADDEN
Contributor
Contributor

I PURCHASED SHOES AND THEY ARE NOTHING LIKE WHAT WAS PICTURED.  I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN OR ANYTHING ADVERTISED ON FACEBOOK!  LESSON LEARNED AND $34 WASTED.  I HAVE ENTERED A DISPUTE WITH PAY PAL AND WOULD LIKE TO RETURN THE PRODUCT BUT THERE IS NO RETURN INFORMATION ON THE PACKAGE WHICH WAS SHIPPED FROM CHINA.

Login to Me Too

blackwillow2816
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought a pair of boots from a site called Chickeep.com three days ago. After reading some reviews I desperately want to cancel this order and get a refund. From what I can see this is difficult so.... How'd you guys go about it?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blackwillow2816

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Trina13
Blackwidow2816, Did you have any luck with your refund or receiving your boots? I bought a pair of boots from this company over a month ago and still have not received them and they keep telling me in email reply’s that they are in high demand and will be shipped out in 5-8 days.
Login to Me Too

blackwillow2816
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! I did happen to cancel the order. I emailed them, asking for a refund before the items ships. I had to keep at them, but they did reply to my emails (usally around 11-12pm) and I got a refund within 2 weeks. Go to your order confirmation email and reply, saying you want to cancel the order and request a refund. They should reply within a day or two. Hope you get it figured out!
Login to Me Too

Cheekywitch79
Contributor
Contributor
Beware, what you do finally receive, is nothing like the photo. This company is scamming.
Login to Me Too

erndale1980
Contributor
Contributor

I went around and around with paypal after I received my shoes from chickeep (which in no way matched the description of the shoes I bought) - Paypal said they would refund my money once the items were shipped back to the seller and even agreed to reimburse up to $30 for shipping. The problem is that to return the shoes to China and Receive a tracking number - which you must have to verify the return - was going to cost me $70. The shoes were only $45. This place is such a scam I do not understand how paypal is still allowing them to operate thru their pay system. DO  NOT BUY FROM THEM! 

Login to Me Too

booksandcoffee
Contributor
Contributor

This "business" has many names. As soon as they are found out they are back up on Facebook and other places running the same scam on more people. Paypal will not help. Their answer was you have to return the item (hard to do if you never got it) and if you are going to do that you will end up paying much more than the original purchase price of the item you might have. The overseas certified mail is going to be double the amount they originally scammed you for and they know you'll give up if you don't want to hazard losing even more money. Word is that those who have tried to play by the scammer's rules end up out that money too. Paypal just says can't help you. Unless you know the seller is legit (I still pay Subway through Paypal) steer clear. Paypal is not really as safe as they want you to think. Highly recommend NOT giving any access to a bank account.

Login to Me Too

Jj46andblessed
New Community Member
Spent almost $200 on merchandise, never received confirmation, no merchandise, this site is a scam. Made claim with Better Buisness Bureau, have lawyer looking into site. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, MONEY!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.