Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Me70
New Community Member

Bought a top from them. What arrived bore no resemblance to what was ordered. From the £11.85 spent they’ve fobbed me off with a £1.51 refund.

Login to Me Too
452 REPLIES 452

BC_Sdm
Contributor
Contributor
I apologize for the format...I had edited it but that's how it showed up when submitted
Login to Me Too

MonicaCl
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that great summary!  My guess is that they are allowed to continue to do business via paypal and advertise on facebook because both of these make money off of them.  We are like netted fish to them all I suspect. 

I would like to see everyone here connect and organize to get some reasonable customer service protective action

Login to Me Too

gekke_18
Contributor
Contributor

So --- I got a heck of a surprise in the USPS yesterday when I got home. The package of "returned cargo" aka the crappy merchandise that didn't come close to resembling what I had ordered and sent in Nov 2018 back to China per their rules - showed up in my mailbox! Apparently it was refused in China- ie not deliverable. Guess they really don't want their own crap back. 😄

So now I have my refund from PP (after threatening to go the our state consumer protection agency and the media) AND the fraudulent merchandise. I wonder if going to one of the local media stations to get their consumer "fixer" started on the case would do any good. Maybe GMA's fixer? 

Login to Me Too

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor

I had thought about going to the media too.  Buzfeed has a two year old article about these type of scams.  So, it is known.  You are correct, PayPal makes money therefore is complicit.  I noticed that Visa and Mastercard are no longer a form of payment on the Noracora website.  You can use them, but only through PayPal.  As of last week Visa and Mastercard we’re accepted  without using PayPal.  So, the chargebacks must of been high.  I have a chargeback with AMEX. I skipped PayPal after escalating it.  I realize I would get no where with PayPal.   We’ll see if AMEX actually leaves the credit on my account.  At the moment it’s still in dispute. AMEX is aware of the corrupt practices of CHICV International and others like it.  But, as you said, it’s a money maker for all.  We the customer lose.  

I can’t believe that junk crossed the Pacific Ocean three times.  I wish GMA would do a piece on it.  It would help a lot of women since Google and Facebook are both drowning us in ads. 

Login to Me Too

BC_Sdm
Contributor
Contributor
I contacted an investigative reporter. Haven't heard anything back....Not sure if I'll hear back.
Login to Me Too

MonicaCl
Contributor
Contributor

Wow -- that's a great idea!  Worth a try!

Login to Me Too

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever hear from the reporter?  I think they are trying to hack me.  I’ve left unflattering reviews on other sites and have a dispute with my CC open.  I have double verify on all my accounts.  I’m getting messages with a code for a password reset that I requested, which I didn’t.  Also got a robocall this morning., the recording was in Chinese. 

Login to Me Too

MonicaCl
Contributor
Contributor

What news outlet?

Login to Me Too

ElBean
Contributor
Contributor

I've been trying to get more information, however, since they do not seem to have a legit website, there's barely any information about the business other than "it's a scam".  

This is what I found on another site:

<removed>

Address/Phone # is:  

<removed>

phone: [Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

Admittedly, I have not tried to call this number.  I purchased using my credit card, and I put in a dispute about the charge, and they are investigating it.  

Login to Me Too

GinaDJ
Contributor
Contributor

Well done. May I have their email address please?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.