Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Me70
New Community Member

Bought a top from them. What arrived bore no resemblance to what was ordered. From the £11.85 spent they’ve fobbed me off with a £1.51 refund.

Login to Me Too
452 REPLIES 452

smithp38
Contributor
Contributor

To all my fellow ChicV victims, I come to you bearing great news! After 4+ months of fighting with ChicV, USPS and mostly Paypal, I GOT ALL MY MONEY BACK! TL;DR - if you are having issues with this company - even if your case is closed - email aup @ paypal . com and tell them what happened. You may get results. 

For background: I ordered from ChicV and they did the ol' partial shipment scam. I sent back all of the items and of course no refund. Paypal kept acknowledging I was at least owed for the items I never received but basically if I took a partial refund, that would close the issue forever and I would never get the rest of the money back. So I kept fighting. I had my shipping receipt. I found a wonderful woman at USPS that gave me all the tracking info that showed the package was back in China. Everything. But even so, Paypal kept ruling in ChicV's favor and closing my case. I then started barking at Paypal via their request for feedback on their service. Thought I was getting somewhere there - they had me upload my shipping receipt and the tracking info and the lady on the phone said, since I could show that I "did my part" by shipping the items back that she was escalating it and I WOULD get a refund in 48-72 hours. Not COULD, WOULD. And then I get another email from Paypal saying they were ruling against me and closing my case because I couldn't show that I shipped the items back! ARE YOU KIDDING?? At the same time I was pleading my case via the request for feedback avenue, I had turned to Twitter as well. I sent out a snippy tweet about the situation tagging Paypal and of course they said to direct message them and they would try to help. I went back and forth a bit with them, it kind of fizzled but then when I got that last 'case closed' email, I went back to Twitter to raise hell. I finally, finally got a wonderful rep to listen to my story; she had me upload the shipping and tracking documents again, escalated the case and I literally got a refund within 5 minutes. I was shocked. I even asked, 'okay is this it? Can they take the money back again?' and she said NO this is done, case closed, in your favor. Hallelujah! So I also told her that she should go and search 'ChicV' on the community forum and she will see thousands of comments from customers saying ChicV scammed them. So she said I should tell everyone to reach out to that email address - aup @ paypal . com - for help. I would bombard them with emails! The more emails they get, the more refunds they have to give, the more I think they will be inclined to stop facilitating payments for this criminal company. I wish you all the best of luck. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Login to Me Too

CheckV
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, smithp38. This tells us a lot about PayPal's culture and business attitude.

Login to Me Too

gekke_18
Contributor
Contributor

@smithp38 - great job! I know since I finally got my refund (had to go through pretty much the same thing) I've been spreading the word on FB to anyone I can. I didn't realize though that apparently PP will reimburse for shipping costs (I too shipped back to China via USPS- but the package eventually was returned since no one in China claimed it).

There are a couple artists I know who have had their images ripped off by ChicV and their "face" companies. If anyone is interested, go to FB and look for Stop Scammer ChicV and What I bought vs what I got for more info.  We've been compiling a list of the storefronts ChicV uses. 

Login to Me Too

CheckV
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sure that ChicV is behind that? This kind of crime would sabotage their dropshipping scam.

Login to Me Too

pearlredmoon
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder how, when or if Paypal will ever be made liable in some way for facilitating ChicV and its 100s of popup front shops to stay in business. ChicV appropriated 8 photographs of garments I made to use in their shops, pretending it showed the product they made that customers were buying. It was a totally fraudulent claim and an infringement of my copyright. If customers actually received the items ordered they were cheap and nasty fakes barely resembling the item in the pictures used. Every time I open Facebook and Instagram my eyes are assaulted with images of clothing made by me that ChicV has appropriated to defraud unknowing and trusting customers. As a small artisan maker who doesn't make a living from selling my original garments it is deeply depressing when I wonder how many tens of thousands of $$$ this theft of my creative production has made for ChicV. I am truly outraged that Paypal has enabled this for years and has never expressed any concern to stop it and to protect it's users from being scammed. 

Login to Me Too

Delgil
Contributor
Contributor
I often wonder where they get the picture from because often they are images of beautiful clothes, clearly too nice for the prices they are quoting. I honestly feel very stupid now knowing they are ripping off independent makers. I’m sorry to hear this
Login to Me Too

Me23456789
Contributor
Contributor
I think so too. But what is the mostly irritating is to see PayPal’s lack of interest in block this crooks from doing business in the US. We might be funding illegal business that has nothing to do with apparel industry. I’ll be closing my account with PayPal very soon. I don’t have time for this. I work hard for my money,
Login to Me Too

Brian2018
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed!! They were zero help in getting my money refunded!!
Login to Me Too

CheckV
Contributor
Contributor

The webshop operators use the framework of ChicV to select products which ChicV keeps in several regional warehouses. The sellers select products from something like a ChicV catalogue and offer them in "their" website. Orders from customers via PayPal to the webshop actually go to ChicV, not to the webshop. The webshop operator (the official seller) gets a little share.

Of course PayPal knows that. As there are hundreds of ChicV webshops, PayPal earns a good revenue from the dirty business which runs via the ChicV account.

Login to Me Too

Me23456789
Contributor
Contributor
And some of those fake businesses are also fracking links to the Amazon site. If you browsing these companies they are faking links to a fake “Amazon” site. Use only Amazon app! Be aware of those criminals!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.