Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Me70
New Community Member

Bought a top from them. What arrived bore no resemblance to what was ordered. From the £11.85 spent they’ve fobbed me off with a £1.51 refund.

Login to Me Too
452 REPLIES 452

Brian2018
Contributor
Contributor
Yes!! Tell everyone you know! I never got any of the stuff, no refund either!!! Huge rip off!!
Login to Me Too

Me23456789
Contributor
Contributor
I realized that..a bit later. I had no idea that the store I was buying stuff from is located in China. I believe that these stores are just fake business just getting in to our computers, data etc. it’s a Chinese invasion and should be checked by the FBI. There are a lot of businesses like this one selling garbage, unfinished clothing, the sizes are totally wrong and the return policy is a steal business as well.
Login to Me Too

Delgil
Contributor
Contributor
I spent $65 on their site. Only one item arrived and it was extremely poor quality. They offered me a full refund on the item that didn’t arrive , then 20% if I kept the item that was below quality....the refund did not arrive. This is a complete scam. Why has @paypal not blocked them from using the site ??
Login to Me Too

njmailbox
Contributor
Contributor
These scammers promised me 30 percent as a refund on my more than $90 purchase from their site. This was months ago. Needless to say, I NEVER received the refund! The only thing I can think, regarding PayPal not doing ANYTHING about this scamming company is that they must be getting some kind of financial kickback from them because PayPal certainly isn’t protecting its customers!
Login to Me Too

Me23456789
Contributor
Contributor
What is PayPal doing to protect the clients from scammers? It’s NOT cool doing nothing!! We work hard for our money!! Do something to prevent it from continuing to happen!!!
Login to Me Too

smithp38
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, same. Totally scammed. Paypal won't help me, Chase won't help me. I'm furious. Paypal did actually give me the money to ship the few items I did receive back to China. I should've just kept it. The crap has been sitting in customs and of course these a-holes won't go pick it up. Paypal should ban this company. 

Login to Me Too

Fturchiano
Contributor
Contributor
Beware of dozens of similar sites with different name and the same low prices for handsome looking, but awful, stuff that often isn’t delivered!
Login to Me Too

Knaiad
Contributor
Contributor

I am very embarrassed to admit this, because I consider myself knowledgeable about digital dangers, but employees of this same company infected my computer with malware while keeping me on the phone for 6 hours. It gave them time to raid my bank account and initiate a $2,000 Zelle transfer, buy a $500 Nordstrom gift card, attempt a purchase at something called Offgamers, and make about a dozen other gift card purchases using my PayPal account. I have alerted all the banks, changed dozens of passwords and hopefully halted the raid; lucky for me many of the payees and banks suspected fraud and refused payment. Tomorrow I am taking my computer in for malware cleaning.

How did it happen? In checking out this hydra-headed company called ChicV, I came across a U.S. phone number. I thought perhaps I could get a refund by pleading my case to someone in the U.S. -- or at least get a domestic address for return shipments. I called and no one answered, but about 10 minutes later a man called me back. He told me I did not have to return the merchandise to China and said someone would call early the next week. I was hopeful.

So a man calling himself “John Wilson” (an assumed name, I am sure), contacted me on Monday and explained that the return process was very complicated, because China, and I stupidly agreed to download software that would allow him to control my computer, the kind that IT folks use when your computer is acting up at work. Next came a form that asked for my birth date, which I found odd, but somehow “the servers were not working” over in California, where John was calling from, and we had to try other things. He then had me write down 12  very long tracking/return/whatever numbers – three for each dress I wanted to return. Of course now I realize this was meant to distract me while his buddies raided my computer. Every time I complained about the delay I was asked to be patient.

Then I compounded my stupidity by remaining on the phone, and leaving my computer plugged in, while I went to a doctor’s appointment. When I returned a few hours later, I noticed that my bank account website was open and a $2,000 transfer was pending to an unknown Zelle account. Horrified, I demanded to know what was going on. “You will not lose any money, I promise!” John said, over and over. “It will all be put back!” Why did they need to access my bank account? Complicated return process, “just an advertising thing,” and don’t worry about it. But then came a call from Nordstrom’s fraud department asking me if I really wanted to buy a $500 gift card. It’s a scam, the Nordstrom guy told me, because other customers had the same experience. My heart sank.

So it finally, FINALLY dawned on me that I had to end the phone call and pull out the plug on my computer. I cursed a blue streak at John, who refused to admit what he and his buddies were doing, of course. The rest of the day was spent trying to clean up their mess.

If you've made it to here, sorry for the length. The moral of the story is: don't call any number expecting a refund.

Login to Me Too

Ritatherunt
Contributor
Contributor

This is so interesting!!  My facebook account, email etc was hacked right after I filed a complaint and PayPal didn't believe me and I was starting to question it also.  Now I know its true it was just to coincidental.  How do we get our money back from t his awful company!!

Login to Me Too

CheckV
Contributor
Contributor

Rita, ChicV runs a dropshipping scam. That's bad enough, but I think that doing to you what you described would be harmful for their business model.

There is another possibility: There are so many ChicV victims that pretending (identity theft) to be someone who helps the victim could be just another criminal business. Victims of scams are an invitation to more victimisers.

Back to ChicV: Without PayPal the ChicV would be far less profitable. Therefore I think that PayPal shares quite some responsibility for the damage done by ChicV and the damage done by those who pretend to help you against ChicV.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.