Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Me70
New Community Member

Bought a top from them. What arrived bore no resemblance to what was ordered. From the £11.85 spent they’ve fobbed me off with a £1.51 refund.

Login to Me Too
452 REPLIES 452

Ritatherunt
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for posting!! I cant believe Amazon is now involved in this!!  PayPal has been a huge contributor to the scams, shame on PayPal!!

Login to Me Too

nitch1
Contributor
Contributor

I have been battling them for months. Here is my letter to my credit card company: 

As per my conversation with Philip with Citibank today, enclosed is support for the above referenced dispute. I placed an order for clothing on March 23 on Facebook using PayPal. My order was placed based on the representation of the quality of the clothing shown on Facebook. The following is a summary of  some of the documentation supporting my dispute:

When the items were received they were of terrible quality. Seams were coming apart and the material was the cheapest material that I have ever seen. The Facebook pictures completely misrepresented the quality of the clothing. I contacted PayPal to determine what procedures that I should follow to obtain a refund. The April 27 email from Paypal is their response

I followed the instructions from PayPal explicitly. This is my April 28 cover letter for the return and my receipt for the $73.10 that it cost to ship the items to China.

This is the USPS tracking and an April 30 email from PayPal confirming that I provided shipping tracking information.

This is a May 9 email from PayPal denying my case because they did not receive valid proof of provided tracking information (totally contrary to the above email). I called PayPal on May 13 and spoke with Cleo. Cleo acknowledged that they do have proof of tracking and that they are reopening the claim. Cleo said that the package has been held in customs since May 7. Cleo further told me that if, after 20 days from May 7, the package is not picked up that the case would be ruled in my favor. On May 28 I called PayPal and spoke with Joe. He looked up the tracking and said that I should receive a response from PayPal tomorrow.

This is a May 29 email from PayPal again denying my case because they did not receive valid proof of provided tracking information (totally contrary to the Paypal email of April 30, my conversation with Cleo on May 13 and my conversation with Joe on May 28). Again, I called PayPal on May 29 and spoke with Mary. Mary had me again send proof of shipping. Again, I called PayPal on May 31 and spoke with Christy. She told me to go to the post office and have the post office contact customs in China. I went to the post office and made that request. The post office has no means to contact customs in China.

This is the summary from the post office showing that I dropped the package off on April 30, 2019 and that the customs clearance processing was complete May 5, 2019.

Login to Me Too

Menucha
Contributor
Contributor
I think that the reimbursement for mailing charges was funneled via a separate route. However I only got that after I asked specifically and I believe was put through to someone - and that went smoothly. I also had this problem that they could not find my parcel tracking info - and then magically they found it. I think the final success in getting the total amount reimbursed was feedback to paypal directly - I wrote to them somewhere re my discontent and voila - success. Tho it may have been a coincidence. Suggest you just keep pushing and calling. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

gwenllian
Contributor
Contributor

It is just a joke. I was sent round and round by PayPal. I’m now ‘consciously uncoupling’. I have no trust in them now. NO ONE would answer my questions, just kept repeating ‘policy’.

Login to Me Too

Clevername
Contributor
Contributor
You can add Wotoba.com to the list. It has been online 9 months. Under About Wotoba it displays an address in London with a Chinese phone number. I actually caught my mistake within the 24 hour cancellation window and cancelled 6 hours after placing the order. The response was a shipping tracking number appearing on their website immediately so they can try to weasel out of their own cancellation policy. I sent proof to paypal of my cancellation request email. The seller is now going by small dash ebay at chicv dot com. (If that gets deleted it has both Ebay and chicv in the name). So chinese ebay seller is posing as london clothier website, ships within 6 hours of my order but only after the moment my cancellation email is received. If that tracking number is real I'll eat my hat.
Login to Me Too

Brian2018
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me! That company stole $140.00 from me with zero recourse!!! PayPal also gave me the run around!!
Login to Me Too

Knaiad
Contributor
Contributor

My god, what a ridiculous ordeal. Why can't PayPal get its act together? I am sorry you spent $73 to ship the items back to China, far more than the items were worth. Another scam story and PayPal is complicit!

Login to Me Too

Erinserra
New Community Member
Well I am a sucker....I purchased a shirt in June and have yet to see it! On the PayPal account it states the money went to Chicv International . I guess I won’t see my shirt . How disappointing. I can’t believe Facebook or Instagram hasn’t blocked them
Login to Me Too

RaeRoberts
New Community Member

Bought a pair of pants from chicv over a month ago. They have not sent me any shipping confirmation, have not responded to my email and did not respond when I opened a dispute. I am wondering if I will ever receive what I ordered.....

Login to Me Too

Ritatherunt
Contributor
Contributor

I got part of an order but it wasn't what I ordered and it was crap.  You need to warn others about these sites. They are making millions off us!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.