Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Me70
New Community Member

Bought a top from them. What arrived bore no resemblance to what was ordered. From the £11.85 spent they’ve fobbed me off with a £1.51 refund.

Login to Me Too
452 REPLIES 452

Henry2021

I purchased some clothing from ZOLUCKY.  There are many advertisements popping up on Facebook and AOL for this company.  When the charge came through my bank it was listed as ChicV UK Limited. I googled that to see what it was and there are tons of warnings that it is a scam out of China!   If you were scammed and do not receive your merchandise, you need to report to the fraud department of your bank, credit card, whatever the charge went through on as well as with the FBI here: https://www.ic3.gov/ 

It is difficult to warn people not to order through ChicV UK because you do not see that name until it comes through on your bank or credit card statement.

I am going to start shopping local again-online fraud has gotten out of control.  If it is not a company you know and trust, stay away from it!

Login to Me Too

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor

There are other review sites.  Leave reviews on them as well.  Trustpilot for one.  Chiv has hired people to leave good reviews.  You can tell it’s hired 1) because it’s 5 stars, 2) English is obviously from a translation app.  3)  A lot of men names.  Does not make sense much of the time.  There you have to put in the company name like Noracora, or what ever LLC you were scammed by. Chiv is also reporting one stars to have them removed.  Fake reasons.  I’m fighting it with Trustpilot.  The ads have infiltrated the internet in general.  I see them everywhere.  This is a big Syndicate with a lot of money to start the scam.  It must be profitable.  One person at a time.  I’m not sure it’s just targeting Americans.  Maybe the West.  

Login to Me Too

Cazza3770
Contributor
Contributor
How do i even start to try and get my money back for items ive not received? I paid via paypal so am i covered? Cheers
Login to Me Too

Nanne2
Bought from them in August 2020 None of the clothing received was the same as the website Taking small payments up to today from my bank account, having to cancel my card to stop them stealing money
Login to Me Too

mzbonz
New Community Member

I purchased a blouse from this company which is too small.  I've written to them several times as to how I could return it for a larger size.  They will not respond.  What recourse do I have?

Login to Me Too

kappen

I ordered from Soulchock.com, and guess who own this shop 😞  CHICV and the respond to mails, and my order never came, 70 Euro in the trash 😞

Login to Me Too

FoxyProxy

What frustration I have had with my purchase.  Four weeks ago I received an email that the dress I ordered and paid for was on the way, along with 2 pairs of shoes.  The shoes came in two packages, and the dress still has not arrived.  I have sent the company an email, but received no reply.  Communication has been terrible.

Login to Me Too

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor
  • Googles in on the scam too:

Google Ads prohibits the sale and promotion for sale of counterfeit goods. However, it appears that your complaint does not pertain to the sale or promotion for sale of counterfeit goods. Accordingly, we will not be taking further action under our Counterfeit goods policy.

If you believe these ads may violate a different Google Ads policy, please use this form to report them for further review.

Regards,
Jasmine
Google Legal Support Team

The only way way to take this scam operator down is to get the media on it.   

Login to Me Too

MonicaCl
Contributor
Contributor

We do have some media on it --- there is some interest from a NY times invest reporter --- but she would want detailed info -- that is clear

copies of what was sent to you and said so that there is evidence.   see our facebook group.

Login to Me Too

gwenllian
Contributor
Contributor

I am struggling to get PayPal to recognise this as fraud, even though Fraud Action UK says it clearly is. Chicv is currently advertising heavily on Facebook and Instagram in its newest guises of Aroamday and Damensein. This is a clear case of social engineering. They operate these websites in German and there is no mention of their actual location - China - you only discover this when you try to return goods.

I never normally buy through social media ads but I have medical issues that mean I am restricted to a particular German brand of flat, round toe sandals. I saw what I thought were these on Aroamday and bought them.

As soon as I received the confirmation email I saw that the size in my shopping basket (38) was different. In the confirmation email it was now 35. I contacted the company, using their official channels, within minutes of placing the original order and receiving the confirmation email. I fully expected that this would be enough to cancel the order and I was confident that I would receive the 100% refund promised on the website for cancelling within the required 24 hour window. No such luck!

11 days later a package arrived. I refused it but the courier left it on my doorstep and did a runner.

I opened the package, no return slip - just a pair of nasty plastic sandals, not just way too small but also the wrong colour.

I contacted Aroamday again. They refused to issue a refund unless I was prepared to cover the cost of returning the sandals, warned me this would be very expensive (it is!) and offered a 15% refund instead.

I feel that, having cancelled the order in good time, I should not be responsible for the cost of return postage. They (and apparently PayPal) disagree. 

It would cost as much as the value of the items purchased to return them and many others have said that returns mysteriously go missing in transit and refunds are rarely if ever made.

I now have a crime number from Action Fraud and have asked PayPal to reopen my claim. I can't say I'm feeling very optimistic.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.