cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

We do have some media on it --- there is some interest from a NY times invest reporter --- but she would want detailed info -- that is clear

copies of what was sent to you and said so that there is evidence.   see our facebook group.

Highlighted
Contributor

I am struggling to get PayPal to recognise this as fraud, even though Fraud Action UK says it clearly is. Chicv is currently advertising heavily on Facebook and Instagram in its newest guises of Aroamday and Damensein. This is a clear case of social engineering. They operate these websites in German and there is no mention of their actual location - China - you only discover this when you try to return goods.

I never normally buy through social media ads but I have medical issues that mean I am restricted to a particular German brand of flat, round toe sandals. I saw what I thought were these on Aroamday and bought them.

As soon as I received the confirmation email I saw that the size in my shopping basket (38) was different. In the confirmation email it was now 35. I contacted the company, using their official channels, within minutes of placing the original order and receiving the confirmation email. I fully expected that this would be enough to cancel the order and I was confident that I would receive the 100% refund promised on the website for cancelling within the required 24 hour window. No such luck!

11 days later a package arrived. I refused it but the courier left it on my doorstep and did a runner.

I opened the package, no return slip - just a pair of nasty plastic sandals, not just way too small but also the wrong colour.

I contacted Aroamday again. They refused to issue a refund unless I was prepared to cover the cost of returning the sandals, warned me this would be very expensive (it is!) and offered a 15% refund instead.

I feel that, having cancelled the order in good time, I should not be responsible for the cost of return postage. They (and apparently PayPal) disagree. 

It would cost as much as the value of the items purchased to return them and many others have said that returns mysteriously go missing in transit and refunds are rarely if ever made.

I now have a crime number from Action Fraud and have asked PayPal to reopen my claim. I can't say I'm feeling very optimistic.

Highlighted
Contributor

call paypal and keep calling .... 

Highlighted
Contributor

PayPal are now ghosting me.

Just shoddy.

Highlighted
Contributor

ChicV has many more fronts including Annie Cloth, NoraCora, and HomeGaden. I did some sleuthing and they seem to be run out of Hong Kong (they forgot to remove reference to Hong Kong in the privacy policy of one of their websites). Paypal won't let me reopen the case that I prematurely closed when I received one of four items I ordered. Any attenpts to community with the company results in an auto email about how to check order status.  

Highlighted

I had a similar experience, ordering boots in size 48. They arrived but were nothing like that size (possibly a child's size or Chinese version).

Getting no response from Chicv.com, I raised the matter with Paypal and they claim that my complaint is not covered by their policy.

More publicity and legal action seem the only ways of dealing with these fraudsters.

Highlighted
Contributor

Online robbery!  Half of items  delivered.  All junk. Cannot get a VISA refund for undelivered items.  No way to track or contact company re orders.  There oughta be a law!

Highlighted
Contributor

Nacy Ailsa is another of their companies I just got stung by.  Got a dispute in with paypal.  Cancelled order within 12 hours (says 24 hours on their website) and unbelievably they had already shipped the 2 cheapest items and offering refund of 20% on the whole order so I lose £100.  Wish id seen this before i ordered

Highlighted
Contributor

I see the forum pages keep growing on this topic.  Here's the deal - ChicV International Holding Ltd. is a recognized scam, yet I see ads for all of their shadow stores on EVERY single platform and site I go on.  AOL, MSN, Amazon, Facebook, and any other site you can think of that accepts ads.  All of the companies that run their ads profit from doing so, which makes them all complicit in the scam.  Many of the companies helping the scam along - I'm looking at you, Paypal, Facebook and Amazon - are well aware of the scam.  By denying customer claims these companies continue to profit retaining the processing fees, ad fees etc.  ChicV can't do it all by themselves, they have plenty of help along the way.  

What is so disheartening is that this is becoming par for the course in American industry.  I had to fight Paypal quite hard to get my refund back from ChicV.  My route to resolution was sending repeated emails to ChicV, documenting their responses, and making it perfectly clear each time that I was aware of their scam.  I have also wasted some time leaving negative reviews and fraud reports on every ad of theirs I see on Facebook.  Ditto with paypal in terms of letting them know that I was aware of their complicit behavior by processing the orders knowing what kind of reputation ChicV has - they also have a Facebook page where I enumerated my complaints.  It shakes companies up to be dragged on social media.  Trolls might come after you but it still helps your case, I think.  I bumped my case to a claim and was very clear about what was going on and Paypal decided in my favor because, they said, ChicV never responded.  Which is true, they didn't once it was bumped to a claim.  Interesting.  I didn't have to return any items, either.

I also just got out of a nasty battle with Amazon regarding a hacked gift card balance in our account and the treatment was very similar.  2+ weeks of negotiating to get the problem resolved, with shabby treatment all the way along.  I will say one call to B of A resolved any problem on that end.  So why can't Paypal and Amazon provide similar customer service?  They lose customers this way, I would think it costs more to have so many different departments and people to handle the same issue over and over.  The process is deliberately designed to wear down the customer as a way to retain the funds.  Think of the millions these companies make in interest on these illegally retained funds.  If you google Paypal's legal history it's not pretty. They've been sued MULTIPLE times for illegally retaining customers' funds but they still keep doing it.  

These unethical business practices on American companies' part are a larger part of the problem.  As always with advertising, buyer beware.  However, that said, one would expect that a company like Paypal would vet their sellers better, especially a seller that's running a criminal racket and major fraud.  If you don't win your case against Paypal, I would definitely make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, they can help resolve claims and they have a great site where you can file your complaint.  You can also take your fight to Consumer Reports online and there are government sites online to help file fraud claims and claims against businesses who are defrauding you.  And Paypal is defrauding you when they don't side with the customer on these ChicV complaints.  No doubt about it.

Highlighted
Contributor

I am sorry for everyone who has been a victim of fraud, but I am glad I found this thread before I placed an order. I always check reviews, before ordering as I had problems with a company called New Chic, supposedly based in UK but shipping and returns were in China.