Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Me70
New Community Member

Bought a top from them. What arrived bore no resemblance to what was ordered. From the £11.85 spent they’ve fobbed me off with a £1.51 refund.

Login to Me Too
452 REPLIES 452

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal could care less hat they are remaining complicit with this scam company.  Your CC companies don’t care either, It’s all about the money.  I finally had my CC say to me that this scammers were their customers too and they serve them as well.  They are getting a lot more from these cheats than they are from the few of us who fight it.  So, the bottom line is profit, and CHICV International is more profitable for them than we are.  PayPal and the financial institution are fully aware that this company is not on the up and up.  They know their operating procedures, etc.  They want their money for each transaction.  We the little people are peanuts.  

Login to Me Too

BC_Sdm
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, contact corporate. I believe that is your best option. I emailed them and they have been back in touch and said that they are now doing an investigation on Chic V International. I hope they stop doing business with them!! I was told my refund was pending on their investigation. So I don't know the outcome in that yet... Best of luck to you and ALL of us that have been scammed. I will also post the response I received from PayPal...
Login to Me Too

BC_Sdm
Contributor
Contributor
This is the response I received from PayPal corporate...... Hello, I hope you were doing pretty good today Smittygal! My name is Katherine and thank for bringing that into our attention. That is really alarming and I really appreciate you reported that issue to us. You are correct, being a third party payment processor, we have an obligation to all our customers. Nothing to worry, this has been escalated to our Security Department and they will surely conduct the necessary investigation to have it stopped. Please know that we take our customer's feedback seriously, because that would help us to serve you better in the future. In the event that you have further inquiry and assistance on this issue, feel free to contact us at #-###-###-####. Please know that we are always here to help. All the best, Smittygal! Thank you for being part of the PayPal community.
Login to Me Too

MonicaCl
Contributor
Contributor

I find Katherine's attitude a bit surprising being that they clearly have a policy of stonewalling all of us as customers and finding in favor of the fraudster ... or does the right hand not know what the left is doing?

Login to Me Too

BC_Sdm
Contributor
Contributor
This is the email I sent to corporate officers...... Chic V International is the real "company" behind 100's of clothing websites. There were already ~350+ complaints posted on PayPal Community from PayPal customers being scammed by Chic V International when I posted my own complaint. There are many more complaints at this point. Any PayPal customer seeking resolution receives little to no help from PayPal. How many complaints against a company with many scam websites selling their apparel and shoes, etc have to be made in order for PayPal to stop allowing them to do business thru them?? With SO MANY complaints and resolutions sought, WHY does PayPal not at the very least issue a warning when PayPal customers try to purchase from these scammers?? It is not possible PayPal is unaware of the issue. As a result PayPal can not be trusted. PayPal has an obligation to it's CUSTOMERS but fails to warn customers or drop scam websites from selling goods thru their service. I will never use PayPal again. Even trying to call the PayPal headquarters phone number given on their website gets you nothing but a number that is no longer in service.
Login to Me Too

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor

I really hope yours is the message that finally gets’s though to PayPal.  I’m skeptical since my CC company, after many calls to give them more info, basically told me that Chiv is their customer too.  They seem to work more for the merchant as that is where most of the money comes from.  They get nothing from us, the card/account holder, if paid off in full each month.  This issue has been going on at least back to 2016.  I found a Buzzfeed article about this scam.   https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sapna/think-twice-before-clicking-on-that-12-dollar-dress    PayPal has to know, it’s not new.  I’m not using PayPal again unless 100% sure of the purchase and only if it’s the only option.  Which means no more e-bay.  Please keep us updated if you received any response from the escalation team at PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

BC_Sdm
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I'm skeptical as well. It's been going in so long I do not believe PayPal has been unaware of this scam. I am hopeful some good will come from trying but it is sounding like this such a huge scam and tons of money and a possible conflict if interest. I have actually considered if my next move may be trying to figure out how to get a class action suit going...depending on their response/investigation/continued participation in this scam.
Login to Me Too

BC_Sdm
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone interested in participating in the class action suit please take a screenshot of your posted complaint and send to me <removed>

Login to Me Too

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor

I could send you screen shots, it will not help.  This company is part of the Chinese Syndicate.  They have almost everything covered in the small print on their websites. However, I don’t think stealing models photos is covered.  My point, I don’t think a law suit would go anywhere especially since it’s not a US company.  As far as PayPal is concerned, they could care less that we are receiving invalid tracking and junk items.  The tracking they send to PayPal is legit.  PayPal knows it’s operating in a gray area, but I guess the money is worth it.  I’m trying to shake it off and move on.  However, PayPal has lost my business. 

Login to Me Too

BC_Sdm
Contributor
Contributor
Mine too! My issue is that they are complicit by profiting from a scam perpetuated in their customers.... I'm sure it will probably be a dead end. I'm sure they have covered their rear ends 100%. But I'll at least push it as far as it will go. Lol. Great thinking about the issue w false advertising modeling!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.