Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Me70
New Community Member

Bought a top from them. What arrived bore no resemblance to what was ordered. From the £11.85 spent they’ve fobbed me off with a £1.51 refund.

Login to Me Too
452 REPLIES 452

smautz
Contributor
Contributor

I eventually received the product but it was not what I ordered. Not even close! There is no way to contact the company and they do business as a bunch of differently named LLCs. I suggest being very cautious.

Login to Me Too

DJL08
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered some shoes from them back in February. I just received them last week, and they sent me a 5.5. I wear a 9.5, which is what I ordered. They are telling me no you ordered a 5.5. For some reason the order form shows a 5.5, but I know I didn’t order that. I can’t wear that! Why would I order a size I can’t wear? After I submitted a complaint, they emailed me saying I can return them, of course to China. It will be so expensive to ship them back, so I don’t know if it’s worth it. I don’t think escalating it to PayPal will get me anywhere either because they have “proof” that I ordered a 5.5. 

Login to Me Too

Gsyvokas
Contributor
Contributor

My situation was similar in as much as chicv sent a small instead of a large smock and of very inferior quality.. Someone wrote that there appears to be strong evidence and irrefutable bias by PayPal to aide and abet this scam and the more of these notes I read the more convincing the argument. Since PayPal won't  assist us after promoting their customer guarantee maybe Facebook exposure by all of us victims can generate some noise? Let's give it a shot.

Login to Me Too

Gsyvokas
Contributor
Contributor

I made the same error most of you made in buying from this company. Has anybody had any success getting their money back either from chicv or PayPal through resolution..? I haven't. 

Which makes me wonder how strong the resolution aspect is against this company that has so many adverse reviews. PayPal should have a filter on this firm?.

Login to Me Too

gekke_18
Contributor
Contributor

I DID get a refund from Paypal after disputing what was finally sent from New Chic (aka CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED). I took pictures of everything and kept copies. I threatened to go to our state division of consumer protection as well. I did send back the package by USPS and because it was to China- got a custom's document number. But confirmed by USPS there is NO tracking to China. The USPS document number IS official. I finally got refunded the full amount.

Login to Me Too

Polomint
Contributor
Contributor
No it’s no use using PayPal they side with this company all the time.. Only thing you can do is feed it back via Facebook hopefully this will stop them trading
Login to Me Too

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem as everyone else.  Invalid tracking numbers , orders broken up into several shipments.  Once they show one fed-ex package was delivered that’s the end as far as PayPal is concerned.  Forget that it was the cheapest item ordered and that tracking number was not provided to you.  In my case I did not receive the first of three packages although Fedex is showing delivered.  As far as the last shipment of the order, still waiting. I skipped PayPal after trying to escalate and did a CC chargeback.  From the way the CC company treated my chargeback they appear to be on a high risk list.  Open/closed in one call in my favor. I still have all the documentation sent/received from/to these cheats.  I have only received two items out of five.  The ones received are horrible, nothing like is pictured on the website models without faces.  Quality is so bad I can’t even donate, they smell.  I don’t understand why PayPal is allowing this to continue.  This merchant is advertising all over the internet under many different website names. 

Login to Me Too

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor

Update:  After scanning the Web I found that Buzzfeed did an investigation of these type of companies.  It says pretty much says the same thing we experienced. Why they are allowed to still advertise across the internet and why PayPal would do business with them is a mystery to me.  They are known scammers.  Tell your friends on social media to be cautious.  I think they know that there are plenty of Americans to cheat once, then on to the next person that clicked that google ad.  I can’t see any repeat business.  

Login to Me Too

AustinMarie
Contributor
Contributor
I have been going back and forth with the for months. PayPal has declined my claim. Read emails from the bottom up. 

On Thu, 16 May at 10:43 AM ,  wrote:
How am I supposed to get the package back when I sent it to the return address on the package?! Have you tried to contact the address in Chino, California? It’s your company, surely you are in contact with them.  Why was the return label from  California if it was shipped from Hong Kong? 

Your refund policy is not clear. It does not say to contact you for a return label and would be in Hong Kong, not the address on the package. 
I am not impressed with your costumer service when you can clearly see that I sent my items to the California address. Basically, I feel your wording is constructed to mislead buyers. 
I’m sure $50.00 U.S. dollars is nothing to your company but it is to me as I am not currently working due to a medical condition. 

I truly feel that I followed the return directions on you website and am very disappointed that your company won’t acknowledge that the site needs to be updated to in...
This is not best practice for a company wanting to build a positive reputation. I’m left feeling as I have been scammed. 
I am going to continue to rectify this situation, I sincerely hope you do the same. Kindly return the $50, and I promise to never purchase from your site again. 

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 9:15 PM momolic  wrote:

Sorry,we cannot provide the refund for you due to we cannot receive the package you returned.

Hope you can understand it.

If you run into any issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Sophia
MOMOLIC
Austin Marie wrote:
That is not what the website states. It clearly states that it is to be in the same packaging and returned to the return address. 
There is no mention of a return label and China. 
I will allow fourteen  business days for your company to rectify the situation before I file a claim. 

As you can see from the postal receipt, I am  no longer in possession of said items. 
Your refund policy states all returns must be made within 14 days so that is what I’m giving you to rectify the situation. 

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 5:15 AM momolic  wrote:

Please notice that our items must NOT be returned to the address on the package you received. That is not our address,if you agree,we will send a label with our designated return address by email after you submit the return/exchange request online. We do not accept returned item(s) that were sent back by you directly without our authorization and no refund will be issued if customers don't act accordingly.Hope you can understand it.

If you run into any issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Chloe
MOMOLIC

155830:930598

Login to Me Too

TraM3
Contributor
Contributor

If you used a CC through the PayPal system call the CC company and do a chargeback.  PayPal will not help you.  I too sent one of the packages back to the California address.  However, I refused the package and told them to return to sender. I informed the company of this, plus my chargeback.  I have not heard from them, it’s been a week.  I told them not to steamroll, or try to intimidate me.  It will be interesting to see what their reply is, if any.  I don’t think they understand much English.  PayPal seems to be going into a dark area.  I am rethinking my relationship with them.  Good luck on your endeavors to retrieve the money that was scammed from you.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.