Don’t buy from CHICV INTERNATIONAL HOLDING LIMITED

Me70
New Community Member

Bought a top from them. What arrived bore no resemblance to what was ordered. From the £11.85 spent they’ve fobbed me off with a £1.51 refund.

Login to Me Too
452 REPLIES 452

mamabird1
Contributor
Contributor
Well maybe. They are also based out of the country, Hong Kong etc. I’ve heard nothing but negatives about the quality of the clothing as well. So sad that they are **bleep** millions of people with this. I’m disappointed that paypal continues with their business. When I get my situation settled with them I am considering closing my paypal business account.
Login to Me Too

MarianEm
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I am going to weigh in here. First off I have no connection to any of their companies. I am in Canada. I have ordered multiple times from artisans in China and received items in 2 weeks, but I paid extra for the fast service. I have ordered from Chinese factories who supply my company with products and the orders have taken 3 months to arrive. They always have arrived.

I ordered March 6 from mythvic.com based on facebook ads I saw. One pair of shoes which may or may not be leather. I used my credit card. This means I can initiate a charge-back if I do not receive anything, within 4 months.

Today I received shipping and tracking information. I will wait the required 2 months for postals from China. I paid for shipping so it should be faster than the free services offered on ebay. I suspect the long time in between ordering and shipping is due to the factory only making items when they have enough orders. They are not equipped to stockpile in warehouses. Having bought and sold online for 15 years, I have learned patience is required when dealing with Asian countries. Their level of postal service may not match North American nor European standards. That does not make them scam artists. They may be just trying to meet global trading expectations and falling short. Some of you order one day and complain when you don't receive it 2 weeks later! Be patient first and kind second. 

I would like to know if those of you who complained in 2018 have received your items. If the item is not as described, then you have a case to file.

Login to Me Too

smautz
Contributor
Contributor

What I ordered and what I received were so far from the same. I ordered a nice print top with side pockets in the seams. I received a tunic/dress in a very strange marbled fabric with pockets over the **bleep**. The other item was a ruby red top. They sent some pink ruffled item. I have NEVER in my 60 years worn pink. They took 2 months to ship and sent no tracking info or confirmation. It appears this particular company is well known for switching what you order. They also refuse to refund and require the customer who is being victimized to pay their return shipping. I also have done a lot of business with companies in Asia and understand the 6-week wait for most items. I do feel this company is just a sham.

Login to Me Too

MarianEm
Contributor
Contributor

@Id you pay by credit card? If it was not as described you can do a charge-back through credit card company as item not received.

@smautz wrote:

What I ordered and what I received were so far from the same. I ordered a nice print top with side pockets in the seams. I received a tunic/dress in a very strange marbled fabric with pockets over the **bleep**. The other item was a ruby red top. They sent some pink ruffled item. I have NEVER in my 60 years worn pink. They took 2 months to ship and sent no tracking info or confirmation. It appears this particular company is well known for switching what you order. They also refuse to refund and require the customer who is being victimized to pay their return shipping. I also have done a lot of business with companies in Asia and understand the 6-week wait for most items. I do feel this company is just a sham.

Login to Me Too

smautz
Contributor
Contributor

I use PayPal to protect my banking information. I was a direct withdrawal from my bank account, unfortunately.

Login to Me Too

MarianEm
Contributor
Contributor

oh I am sorry.

I got burned last year by a Canadian company using Interac. Never again online, anywhere. 

Login to Me Too

Ritatherunt
Contributor
Contributor

I agree you need to be patient when you take the chance and order from Asia.  But this company is a scam which is unfortunate cause it ruins it for other Asian companies.  

Login to Me Too

MarianEm
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: My blue suede shoes arrived! They are PU and fit perfectly. Well made and colour is spot on. I am glad I was patient.

@MarianEm wrote:

Ok I am going to weigh in here. First off I have no connection to any of their companies. I am in Canada. I have ordered multiple times from artisans in China and received items in 2 weeks, but I paid extra for the fast service. I have ordered from Chinese factories who supply my company with products and the orders have taken 3 months to arrive. They always have arrived.

I ordered March 6 from mythvic.com based on facebook ads I saw. One pair of shoes which may or may not be leather. I used my credit card. This means I can initiate a charge-back if I do not receive anything, within 4 months.

Today I received shipping and tracking information. I will wait the required 2 months for postals from China. I paid for shipping so it should be faster than the free services offered on ebay. I suspect the long time in between ordering and shipping is due to the factory only making items when they have enough orders. They are not equipped to stockpile in warehouses. Having bought and sold online for 15 years, I have learned patience is required when dealing with Asian countries. Their level of postal service may not match North American nor European standards. That does not make them scam artists. They may be just trying to meet global trading expectations and falling short. Some of you order one day and complain when you don't receive it 2 weeks later! Be patient first and kind second. 

I would like to know if those of you who complained in 2018 have received your items. If the item is not as described, then you have a case to file.

Login to Me Too

mamabird1
Contributor
Contributor
Update! I’ve been refunded through PayPal for all transactions to this company. I am very relieved.
Login to Me Too

BC_Sdm
Contributor
Contributor
I'm so glad you were able to get refunded!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.