Does this (scammer's) return address look familiar to anyone?

bait_and_switch
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

What's the best way to return a package to China, without getting bent a third time?  (1. scammer, 2. paypal)

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

snadcastle21c
Contributor
Contributor
Shipping return will cost you more than your original order. Push them until they offer 50%, then take it. Keep the pool. Maybe donate it to your local shelter? This has been a huge headache for me and PayPal customer service has been of no significant help. I also filed a dispute with my bank.
Login to Me Too

VSelby

I'm also going to report them to facebook as that was where I clicked from.

I saw that shipping starts at $35. It's not even big enough for a shelter to use. I have a tiny 6 pound dog as well and it didn't fit her. This company is an obvious scam and I'm so angry.

Right now I have no way to reply to their offer of full refund if I return, only the option to put my tracking. I've been with paypal since the beginning of time and run my biz through it. First time I haven't been backed up in all this time 😞 

Login to Me Too

snadcastle21c
Contributor
Contributor
I did report them to Facebook about 2 weeks ago now. Where did you see $35 for shipping because payPal will refund up to $30 on shipping DHL wanted $56 for me.
Login to Me Too

VSelby

USPS.com quoted me $35. Only quote I could find from UPS was $128 online lol

Login to Me Too

bait_and_switch
Contributor
Contributor

Open a "Conversation" under paypal help menu.

Paypal seems to deliberately make it difficult to continue arguing an open case.

Start Hammering Paypal, nicely, with the obvious facts of the case. (took me almost three weeks of arguments after getting bait/switched with a lesser

hammock, which was said to be MADE in America and shipped from California.... until paypal relented)

Document Document Document  ....Take screenshots of the original order page, make notes of ANYTHING that differs from the i.tem ordered---to the item received (w/ pictures of comparison and something with which to obviously scale (size) your miniature item)

Be prepared for these conversations to disappear if you appear to be making TOO much sense.... then start over. (ask paypal to provide a legit email AND PHONE NUMBER of the seller.  ASK FOR PAYPAL BUYER PROTECTION.  ASK PAYPAL TO REVOKE THIS SELLERS ACCOUNT.

Login to Me Too

VSelby

Thank you for the steps. I will go do as you suggested.

I have pictures and screenshots of everything which is why I was livid when I got the information that I was supposed to ship it back. The customer service email is a random gmail account for goodness sake.

Login to Me Too

bait_and_switch
Contributor
Contributor

If the seller does not provide adequate information (legit email and phone) ask Paypal for an extension to the 'return-by'

date and keep arguing under 'CONversations'

The issue with "CONversations' is that every time you reply, SOMEONE ELSE reads it and not the original paypal employee.

Keep arguing, nicely, and hope for a sympathetic ear with the power to make meaningful changes to your case

Paypal employees will sympathize with you, but seems like their hands are tied by management... which opens a whole can of worms about how rampant

these scammers are and what paypal has to gain/lose from allowing it to continue...  sadly.

Login to Me Too

snadcastle21c
Contributor
Contributor
I reported not getting phone number and email. Customer service said use post office stating they won't require those
Login to Me Too

bait_and_switch
Contributor
Contributor

Post Office being one of the MOST expensive options, which adds to my suspicions of kickbacks and bottom-lines

being pushed over commonsense customer service.

If you lose the appeal/argument, AND MUST SHIP, choose a cheaper shipper.

ALSO, sign up for (or request) paypal shipping re-imbursement, they'll give you up to $30 back

I was given this link by a paypal employee in a CONversation

https://www.parcelmonkey.com/shipping-calculator

Login to Me Too

bait_and_switch
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the scammer's address again (PP removed it)

Why protect the scammers PP?

2nd Floor, Building C, Weitian Industrial Park Dongguan, Guangdong  523208 CN

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.