Does this qualify for PayPal buyers protection?

Tomdoran
New Community Member
Hello, I recently bought a hoodie of someone which we had agreed too via message over depop (which we didn’t use but sellers often claim PayPal’s easier for them) and then did over PayPal. I have done this previously and it has gone smoothly however I have not received it after over 2 weeks and it seems suspicious, the seller has stopped contacting me with ‘updates’ for the last week. It is for 130 pounds so I’m quite worried. So onto the payment: the payment was sent via PayPal to his account with the buyers protection for goods and services, saying it was a purchase. I filled out the ‘note’ part of the payment with the description of the hoodie saying with label and receipt however I’m worried this won’t qualify for protection as I have no agreement/receipt etc on a shop platform, just the note on the payment. I opened a dispute previously and he has until the 18th to respond which he hasn’t yet. Is it likely to go in my favour? If not is there another way to get this money back? (Also should I attach the messages from depop where he agreed it.) Thank you for your time.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.