Does paypal automatically close unauthorized purchase reports if a refund was issued?

Kizylle
New Community Member

I had an unauthorized purchase (patreon) and filed an unauthorized purchase report requesting a refund, but I got in contact with the seller and they issued a refund. Will paypal see this and throw out the unauthorized purchase report or will they keep going? The case still shows up as "open" in my resolution center.

I'd really like if they avoided taking action because according to the seller patreon is incredibly prone to completely banning paypal accounts from ever dealing with them again if a refund request is issued. I would quite like to avoid that now that I know they do this.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @Kizylle,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! We're glad to have you here. PayPal reviews several factors involving both parties before coming to a final decision on cases. A refund being issued is an important factor that will be considered when going forward in the review.

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.