Does ebay try to fraud customers with fake items set by ebay employees ?

uzevla
Contributor
Contributor

Bought Google mini for 10$. Lowest is 15$ and I know this might be a problem.

Got email from Ebay that seller's account may have been compromised and to request the refund.

First red flag - why they don't do it automatically - how many people will skip this, ignore spending time and energy on a 10$ item ?

Further, when trying to request the refund, Ebay said the item has not been paid for.

Second red flag - money is taken from Paypal. Clearly, their symbiosis works very well when taking money from me, but they are not linked very well when refund is needed.  Not the first time this happened.

So, had to contact the customer service. 
Third red flag - they are
acting deliberately stupid - after mentioning 3 times I used paypal, I was still asked which payment method I used. And things like  that - no common sense at all.

Agent refused to let me talk to anybody in charge.

Agent says it was a glitch in the system, and surely she can see the item has been paid for.

Fourth red flag - HAPPENED ALREADY A YEAR AGO! Same process, same crap...

Many people will skip going through this crap to get their money back. I started thinking Ebay employees are doing this fraud. What do you think ?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.