Does any one get cheated by Daoyi Dao Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd

tongmei2000
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a electronic snow remover from Daoyi Dao Electronic Commerce Co., Ltd and they sent me a toy. it is a fraud. i made a compliant to  paypal and they agreed to get me refund if i send the thing back to china. the price was 28.89 USD and the shipping back to china with tracking number is $81.

i dont believe this happend with my paypal account. i am going to close my payp account

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

KingElvis77
Contributor
Contributor

I have EXACTLY the same problem. They admitted to me in writing that they falsely advertised the product, knowingly sent me a piece of crap plastic handscraper not even worth $1, and if I want my refund, I have to pay the cost of shipping it back to China -- which would cost more than the product and my refund. So the merchant and PayPal want me to pay for the merchant's scam! I will never use PayPal again if I don't get a full refund and the merchant assumes the cost of shipping it's $1 toy back to them. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tongmei2000 

@KingElvis77 

Paypal would not be able to check every seller / merchant in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them.......

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rosaiselalaw
New Community Member

Yes!! I am so upset. This exact same thing happened and I am also upset with PayPal for not vetting this "business" properly. I am distrusting of PayPal and will never order anything online. To ship back my tiny puzzle, it will cost close to $100, not worth it. I guess this is my lesson learned. 

Login to Me Too

breivoges
Contributor
Contributor

Similar issue!!! I purchased a Toddler Busy Board and they sent me this teeny tiny puzzle that was worth about fifty cents, compared to the $35 I sent them!!!

Login to Me Too

drougs
New Community Member

same thing happened to me! not very pleased with paypal right now!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.