Does Paypal Vet Companies Who Use Their Service for Payment?

jazzbby
Contributor
Contributor

I recently attempted to purchase some items from a website which allowed the use of a Wal Mart Gift Card as payment. I had one I'd never used in the amount of $50, and purchased my items. Now, three weeks later, I haven't received my purchase. I investigated, and it seems that the company may be a fraud. My Wal Mart card was depleted, and additional items were purchased by someone and delivered somewhere. Wal Mart says they cannot refund my money because purchases were delivered to someone, even if that person wasn't me, and told me to contact the company for a refund. I have done so, and also filed a scam report with the BBB. I have found one of the items I want on another site, itsdstore.xyz, which does offer Paypal as a payment method, as well as credit cards. Does Paypal vet the companies who use their service, and am I protected in the event I don't get the item I ordered? I know that's true for ebay and other established companies, I just want to know if I will be out any money in the event I try to purchase from another company who turns out to be fraudulent? Unfortunately, the particular items I'm looking for seem to have been discontinued, and are very difficult to find anywhere. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.