Does PayPal really provide customer protection?

mvoialvan
Contributor
Contributor

I have not received my items and yet my case was closed by Abigail since the seller has convinced them more yet the tracking shows goods are not delivered in addition she just ended my communication and handling over to her colleague 
paypal are you guys really helping?
where is the so called customer protection?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately PP's policy and practices lean heavily in favor of sellers and thus the loopholes being taken advantage by scammers.

If you're getting no where with PP, try filing complaint with credit card company if you funded transaction that way. Small claims court would be last resort.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You can try to appeal your case. Go to message center and start a chat session, get to human and explain what happened. PP rep may tell you you have no protection, but you need to persist and argue based on principle and common sense. Some reps are god about listening to reason , some not, based on stories I'd read here. But one thing in common of the cases that reported success, you need to be persistent, can't give up just becasue one rep say no. Ask to talk to a supervisor or manager. 

Last resort if no help from PP, file complaiint with credit card company if you funded the transaction that way.

Login to Me Too

mvoialvan
Contributor
Contributor

I have been chatting with those agents but the story is the same .they do not offer any solution.

in my case the seller decided not to pay shipment fee despite paying him or her the fee. Now PayPal is asking me to follow with customs without asking the seller why they have not deliver goods on door step as per agreement 

Login to Me Too
Solved

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately PP's policy and practices lean heavily in favor of sellers and thus the loopholes being taken advantage by scammers.

If you're getting no where with PP, try filing complaint with credit card company if you funded transaction that way. Small claims court would be last resort.

Login to Me Too

mvoialvan
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for reply. I will do that tomorrow. Pp is just another business platform ,they don't help buyers at all. Another concern l have with pp why are they working with scammers ?
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes, it does appear PP is in on the scam. The standard answer I hear is that PP needs to provide fair protection to both sellers and buyers. My reply would be there are a lot more seller scams than buyer scams; think about it, how can a buyer scam a seller, unless the transaction is in cash and inperson, but isn't using a platform like PP automatically solve that problem? It's a lot more likely scams originate from the seller side.

PP's policy probably was written to entice sellers (legitimate sellers) to enlist to their platform, not anticipating (or too stupid to realize) the hugh loopholes that resulted.

That said, I hear changes of PP policy are being made to even the playing field, but years too late IMO.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.