Does PayPal cover theoretical spot

Beowolve
New Community Member
Hey guys so in the keyboard hobby you often need to join Group Buys (GB) which is like a kickstarter if there was a new keyboard, keycap, deskmat etc. for keyboards or keycaps a GB is usually takes 1 year from the time GB started to finish it having the actual product. So someone has offered their spot for a keyboard GB (that started May 2020) and the product is in currently production but will be finished soon within the couple months. Does PayPal cover an item that doesn’t exist yet? Like at this stage I’m just paying for a ‘theoretical spot’ or a imaginary item as it doesn’t exist or not on hand because all he could do is change the details without me knowing so this deal is based on ‘trust’ and also counting on PayPal to refund if PayPal does cover this.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Beowolve 

Paypal covers you for non receipt of goods/services up to 180 days post payment, after that its between you and the seller.

That protection is not a 100% coverall so your best bet is to go read up on it in paypals user agreement so you can risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.