Does PayPal allow putting paypal.me donation links in a Youtube channel for self funding?

RonaldAniban
Contributor
Contributor

A few days ago, I put this in my Youtube channel's About page:
"Currently trying my luck here in YT because my gf is being abused by violent parents (they took her to Qatar, dad hits her) and I'm panicking. Trying to hustle and earn any way I can to save her...

If you have any amount to spare, kind stranger, you may send me a donation through the Paypal link below. [Paypal link inserted in the About Links]

Also if you think can help my gf get employment VISA so she can finally leave her parents (she's currently in Doha), please send her an email<removed> We could really use some help right now"

A few days after this, I suddenly couldn't access paypal.com from any device through my internet connection. I then emailed Paypal's "complaint-response"  about it and then a day later, I could access the site again. Coincidence? If not, then why weren't I told about what's happening?

Another possible explanation could be that I changed my profile picture recently (about the same time as I put my paypal link for donations).

So which is it? Or was my apparent IP block just a coincidence?
Oh and I also used a VPN for a bit but I never accessed Paypal.com with it. But I heard Paypal really hates VPN so maybe it has something to do with this. I would really love to know if I may have indeed done something that's not allowed so I won't do it again.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.