Do not use PayPal for a Payment Gateway! Customer Frauds Online Stores with Bank via PayPal

Profoundsyntax
Contributor
Contributor

All a customer has to do to steal your products is do a chargeback with their bank.  They get to keep the item without having to return it!  PayPal gives the bank the money right away even if you have proof of them getting the item "Item Not Received".  This trash can get a computer case for 200 and now I have to pay PayPal for siding with a bank that allows their customers to steal from PayPal.  I have made PayPal a crapload of money being a top merchant and this is how they repay me.

They have a loophole that is not covered with Paypal I am about to default on my account and not pay crap and let it go.  Use Stripe or Amazon they have fewer horror stories and will fight fraud unlike here.  2 customers with high-end products getting to get their money back and the item.  This last one they didn't even freakin' force the buyer to send the item back.

They do not have any true protection for merchants and their merchant eligibility is full-on crap.  Merchant protection there is none.  About to file chapter thirteen so no one gets any money from me as a legit business owner this **bleep** is not right what they do here!

I am in the middle of file a police theft report on a customer because of this.  Not going to let these low lives get away with it because they know how to steal using PayPal.  Going to ask the judge on every case we have to fight in RealTime to put the customer in jail from stealing from my store ontop of suing them.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Profoundsyntax
Contributor
Contributor

I created found a solution to large priced solutions on using PayPal without going out of business with chargebacks on your website.  I hope this helps others.  Only allow orders below a certain amount to SET the PayPal gateway.

This way you can make your losses on losers that try to steal and keep your business from having to pay PayPal for allowing banks to steal large priced items.  Only have to come out of pocket for trash Chargebacks as low as possible.  If not, use Stripe Pay or gateways that will not put up with banks **bleep**.

For example: 

PayPal Express Checkout is: ppec_paypal

Default PayPal that comes with woocommerce is: paypal

You can change the maximum amount to disable PayPal. Disable PayPal Based on Cart Total - WooCommerce.

Here is the code I used for WordPress/Woocommerce to be placed in the function.php file of your site.

add_filter( 'woocommerce_available_payment_gateways', 'profoundsyntax_disable_paypal_above_100' );
function profoundsyntax_disable_paypal_above_100( $available_gateways ) {
$maximum = 100;
if ( WC()->cart->total > $maximum ) {
unset( $available_gateways['paypal'] );
}
return $available_gateways;
}

This code will only show PayPal's gateway if the total cart is less than 100 dollars or whatever you change the maximum amount.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Profoundsyntax
Contributor
Contributor

I created found a solution to large priced solutions on using PayPal without going out of business with chargebacks on your website.  I hope this helps others.  Only allow orders below a certain amount to SET the PayPal gateway.

This way you can make your losses on losers that try to steal and keep your business from having to pay PayPal for allowing banks to steal large priced items.  Only have to come out of pocket for trash Chargebacks as low as possible.  If not, use Stripe Pay or gateways that will not put up with banks **bleep**.

For example: 

PayPal Express Checkout is: ppec_paypal

Default PayPal that comes with woocommerce is: paypal

You can change the maximum amount to disable PayPal. Disable PayPal Based on Cart Total - WooCommerce.

Here is the code I used for WordPress/Woocommerce to be placed in the function.php file of your site.

add_filter( 'woocommerce_available_payment_gateways', 'profoundsyntax_disable_paypal_above_100' );
function profoundsyntax_disable_paypal_above_100( $available_gateways ) {
$maximum = 100;
if ( WC()->cart->total > $maximum ) {
unset( $available_gateways['paypal'] );
}
return $available_gateways;
}

This code will only show PayPal's gateway if the total cart is less than 100 dollars or whatever you change the maximum amount.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.