Do Not BELIEVE PAY PAL with Help You with Your Disputes

LRus
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from CHICVINTLHO, affiliated with Superlink International Lifestyle Co. Ltd. and Skrladies.com.  I was delivered to my country Post Office and the post office was broken into and item ripped out of my package in the back room before it reached my mail box inside the facility.  Numerous emails to Superlink with no resolve....opened a dispute thru PayPal and on Nov. 5/19 seller stated they would refund me within one week.  PayPay had a set time limit to resolve dispute with seller and if not resolved or I did not upgrade the dispute directly to PayPal before Nov. 14/19 then the case file would be closed.  I upgraded the dispute to PayPal on Nov. 13/19 because I did not believe the seller.  PayPal has sided with seller saying the tracking system shows item deliver.  NOT !  

Throughout all emails to sell they were advised by me to contact Canada Post with the file number they sent me in an email.  The email stated sell must contact Canada Post with the file number of have the issue resolved.  I do not know if the seller actually did this as Canada Post will not give out that information and PayPal also have not given me that information.

As far as I'm concerned PayPal does not help with disputes...so in other words Buyer Beware for buying anything On-Line thru PayPal.  ALSO, DO NOT BUY FROM CHICVINTLHO, Superlink International Lifestyle Co. Ltd.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @LRus,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry about your issue. When buyers pay with PayPal on any website, PayPal Buyer Protection covers them in case there is a problem. If an item doesn’t arrive or is significantly not as described, we will help buyers get a full refund. If we have checked the delivery and the status was "Delivered", this may be the reason why your case has been closed. When you receive a broken item, the correct option would be "Item Not As Described". Have you opened the case with this reason code? If not, please try contacting customer service by phone by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then Call us, or reach out via private message through Facebook or send a direct message through Twitter.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

LRus
Contributor
Contributor

I went thru dispute resolution with seller....they said they would refund me....I upped it to PayPal as I did not believe seller the day before PayPal would close the file.  Yes, item was delivered to the Canada Post Office but the post office was broken into that same weekend and the item in my package was ripped out and stolen.  Case File # with Canada Post and RCMP File # all given to seller and PayPal but still denied.  As far as I'm concerned PayPal did not review information I gave them and the seller is a Fraudulent seller as many people have complained about the seller but unfortunately I did not see those messages on PayPal until just recently.  

SO AGAIN....Pay Pal does not help with Disputes.  

LRus

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jenny

@LRus

I do understand your disappointment but, even it was a situation that you didn't have a control over it, we cannot reverse the transaction if the item isn't delivered back to the seller. You did well filing a claim with the post office, and finger crossed they will issue a refund. 

Jenny 

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

LRus
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, don't know who to thank now...seller, PayPal, or my credit card company.  After receiving the following from PayPal I was sure this was going to go on for another two months or more to get my dispute refund....

We Can't Investigate or Decide This Case

You filed this dispute with your financial institution or credit card company, and not with PayPal. We can't provide additional details or updates on this claim because we don't have access to your financial institution's investigation details.  (Every personal email I sent the company, every message from seller and me on PayPal's dispute resolution site were printed off and also sent to my financial institution, including letter from Canada Post and RCMP File #)

Please Contact Your Financial Institution

You will need to contact your financial institution or credit card company directly for additional information and final resolution on this claim. If you want to cancel this claim you will also need to contact your financial institution directly (clicking Cancel case in the PayPal Resolution Center won't cancel the claim with your bank or credit card company). 

Thanks,

PayPal....................So today I checked my credit card statement and low and behold there is a reversal of the charges.  So with seeing that I have contacted my credit card bank to advise them (thank them as I don't know if their involvement helped) and now PayPal via this message.  Please note, that I will be checking my statement for months, years to come to ensure that this charge does not get put back on my credit card!  Fair warning to PayPal and you can pass it on to the seller also if you like.  Thank you.  LRus.

Login to Me Too

lovetosell
Contributor
Contributor

@LRus...

Not sure if you'll see this as it 's been so long since you posted, but I have questions / not sure I understand how your situation was resolved...

Did you first file a case with PayPal's resolution center and then file a complaint with your credit card issuer?

I used my PayPal Credit account to make a purchase with this vendor. I pay if off each month. I filed my claim with PayPal (not with PayPal Credit which is now Synchrony Bank).

Would you recommend I try to contact PayPal Credit / Synchrony Bank re: my problem with this Chinese vendor we're all complaining about / losing money to? PayPal said I cant' because I went to them first - filed a claim with their Resolution Center. They said I can only use one or the other; not both of them - but it sounds like PayPal is not helping anyone with this situation, and the bank behind the PayPal Credit card is who I should contact...??? Thx!

Login to Me Too

Hvarichak
New Community Member
Yes I paid for a big order and went threw paypal to buy it. Unfortunately I got an ugly hat that I didn’t order from whomever I still have it because I was going to complain to the company once my other stuff came in but it’s been 2 months. Just found out that chicvintlho is a scam of a shop and just took that money and basically I got a crappy hat out of it that not even my grandma would wear. Do not trust Facebook posts with shopping as well. SCAM!
Login to Me Too

Msclgrl
Contributor
Contributor

As with the other bad reviews, I ordered an item and received the ugliest piece of polyester I’ve ever seen. The item was the wrong material, sleeves mismatched, fringe was sewn crooked. To send it back would cost as much as I would get back. Fought them, Paypal and my bank on this! This company steals people’s money because they know how expensive it is to return and unfortunately Paypal and banks are allowing it to continue  Paypal did nothing for me! I sent pictures emails etc and they didn’t care!  Paypal makes money off of these companies and won’t refuse business from them. Disgrace!

Login to Me Too

jbird60806
New Community Member

This same issue is occurring with me right now.  I purchased something with PayPal Credit from a scammer on etsy.  The seller agreed to refund the order, then closed their shop and disappeared.  After filing a complaint with PayPal, I received an email saying that: 

"You filed this dispute with your financial institution or credit card company, and not with PayPal. We can't provide additional details or updates on this claim because we don't have access to your financial institution's investigation details. "

I don't understand, because I paid with PayPal Credit.  Isn't that PayPal?  What should I do?

This is so frustrating.  Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jbird60806 

No Paypal credit is run by Synchrony bank so if you paid via them then its a credit card (or similar) dispute and not a paypal one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.