Do I nee to pay for return label through Paypal to be eligible for free return shipping?

maconmcginty
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I've activated Return Shipping on Us after winning a dispute to return an item. If I use my debit card at the post office will I still be eligible? Thanks for your time 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maconmcginty 

I recommend you read all the information before returning; the full terms, first.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

After you’ve returned your item in a way that’s convenient for you, visit the refund request page within 30 days of the return ship date.

Please read Return Shipping on Us full terms:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/returns/terms

Eligibility Requirements – When can I use the Return Shipping on Us service?

• You must activate the Service before you attempt to submit a refund request, by clicking the “Agree & Activate Now” button on the Return Shipping on Us service website and logging in to your PayPal account.
  • You must hold a U.S. PayPal account that is not suspended or limited;
  • You must pay for your online purchase entirely using your PayPal account;
  • You must meet the return conditions authorized by the seller or merchant; and
  • You must submit a complete refund request of the return shipping costs (the "refund request”) related to that return within 30 calendar days of mailing back the returned item.

I would read of conflicting info about eligibility though; that the Service has to be activated BEFORE you even make the purchase transaction however in the terms it says that you have to activate the Service on your PayPal account before you submit a return request.

It does not specifically say that you need to buy the return postage label though PayPal in order to be eligible for reimbursement, see below:

What information do I have to provide with my Refund request claim form?

Please review the refund request claim form carefully and complete all fields before You submit a refund request. In addition to the completed refund request claim form, You will need to provide evidence of the return shipping costs You have incurred, as follows:

1. Details of Your return including date shipped, cost to ship, reason for return and items returned.

2. Proof of Your return including the following:

1. If You paid the return shipping costs to the post office or a courier service, you must send:

1. The receipt from the post office or courier service, and
      2. Proof showing the purchased item was returned to the seller or merchant. If the receipt does not feature the seller’s return address, provide other documentation, such as a photo of the package with the seller’s address visible.
    2. If the return shipping costs were deducted from the refund of Your item by the seller or merchant, You must submit:

1. Proof showing the initial price of the item returned; and
      2. Proof from the seller or merchant showing the amount that was deducted for return shipping and/or the amount of the refund (e.g., the email message that acknowledges receipt of the return, or the PayPal email confirming the refund of your item).

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.