Do I have any recourse?

Whew
Contributor
Contributor
I paid for some shoes that were lost by the delivery service. Opened up a claim based on not getting what I ordered. Company responded a few days before I have to either escalate or close the claim saying that they are sending a replacement but it isn’t quite ready. They’re asking for me to close the claim. Here’s my question: If I close the claim do I have the same protections for these replacements that I did on the original shoes? Or any protections? Some additional info: 1. The company is located in Mexico and I’m in the USA. It’s not big, there aren’t many reviews of them online (any resources for checking business credibility?). 2. They got a refund from the shipping company for the shoes. 3. I called one PayPal customer Rep who told me I’d have no recourse if I closed the case. 4. I’ve asked the company to send me some kind of proofs of the new pair of shoes (told them to provide a pic with the shoes and a package with my info on it, but if there’s better ideas I’d love to hear them) before I do anything Any advice is appreciated. Thank you
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Whew 

The PayPal rep is correct. If you close the dispute now, you won't be able to open another one. You only get one bite of the apple. You should escalate to a claim and have PayPal to step in to review the case and make a decision.

Whether the seller reship or not is up to them since the first shipment was lost and they were reimbursed and they have not provided a working tracking number for the reship. I wouldn't close dispute even if they did provide the tracking number until shoes is received to satisfaction.

If you paid by credit card, the is another recourse you can explore should you lose the PayPal dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whew
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the response. The company sent me pictures of the shoes with a time stamp that were pretty compelling and I was inclined to just trust them. But your comment was a good reminder to play it safe. I’m asking them to refund the shoes and make the replacement pair a new order, so I’m protected by PayPal on them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.