Do I close a claim in order to receive a refund?

Ramk
New Community Member

I purchased an item off Etsy. It wasn't as described. I contacted seller and we agreed I would return and she would refund me the cost of item $145 USD/$198.93 CAD. As time was running out I filed a dispute, just in case. Seller doesn't have a Paypal account and our conversations have been through Etsy. Seller told me she sent $145 USD refund on 4/1/2019 and I should see it in 3-5 days. I hadn't seen it by 8/4/2019 so I escalated the dispute to a claim. Today I was contacted by the Etsy Resolution team letting me know that have to close the case to receive the refund. They say Paypal is blocking the refund because it is a partial one. Should I close the case? Are they correct?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Ramk, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

No, it is not correct. The seller can contact PayPal and authorize the refund if they are unable to do this themselves. If the seller does not have a PayPal account, they will be unable to log in and view the case details like you can on your own account but that does not prevent them from contacting PayPal. Once they contact us and authorize a refund (full or partial) we will happily assist them with this. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.