Disputing credit card transaction charged via PayPal Express Checkout as Guest

justinndonn
New Community Member

I made a transaction from a website that eventually discovered to be allegedly fraudulent and I want to reverse a transaction that has not been progressing for over a month now. I have a PayPal account, but I checked out the the transaction as a guest (without logging in) and I could not find a way to dispute it. I have the PayPal Transaction ID but this one was sent out by the vendor, not by PayPal, so I'm not sure if this is real.

I recognize this is partly my mistake for not associating this transaction with my PayPal, but I will sincerely appreciate if anyone can advice how I can lodge the dispute on this kind of situation. FYI I transacted from http://japan-discoveries.com/ 

Here's what the transaction looks like (I partially masked Transaction ID with blanks as you can see)

Transaction ID: 3D_89__7M_4__51_3
Payment Type: PayPal Express Checkout (instant)
Timestamp: 2021-03-11T05:09:19Z
Payment Status: Completed
Amount: 5590 JPY

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@justinndonn 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.