Disputing a scam seller & Paypal wants Intranet form from UPS

04fruitloop
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone give me a phone number to call PayPal. I have submitted emails directly from UPS stating that the tracking number I received from the seller (parksondragon.com) does not go to the address to which the item was supposed to be delivered and that the seller was actually another website. PayPal denies my claim & keeps asking for the UPS intranet form which doesn't exist. Because of privacy laws UPS cannot provide the details of the address that the scam UPS tracking number but the reps keep asking for that. I need to talk to a manager because this is not getting resolved & PayPal is just aiding & abetting in the fraud. 

Help please!

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

DarlaBabyKulit
Contributor
Contributor
We have the same issue. Mine is ongoing and I find it futile to talk/chat/email with Paypal representatives. I kept calling their customer service number but no one answers. I tried escalating my dispute to a claim but paypal won’t even let me. And yes, they keep asking for that intranet form. I provided all proof I have but they still insist on that form that UPS won’t provide because of privacy policies. I believe their quickfix is having us pay the disputed amount. They are not investigating as I see it. All words.
Login to Me Too

marq9
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue as well; I reached out to UPS via email & provided my address + the tracking number, they were actually very quick to respond saying "this tracking number was not delivered to the address you specified," which was actually quite surprising & welcome.

PayPal, however, obviously did not take that response, saying:

I appreciate that you've tried to contact UPS and was able to provide an email stating the status or details of the tracking number. However, I'm afraid we will be needing a formal letter from them with their logo and heading with these statement.

Which is of course just trying to pass the buck & ridiculous for a couple of reasons:

1. UPS obviously doesn't offer a service like this
  2. Logos, believe it or not, can be forged

I replied to them with an attachment including the full email with headers, explaining that the e-mail from UPS has a DKIM signature with a body hash, which means that the content of the email (including the tracking number + my address) is guaranteed to have come from UPS & cannot easily be forged (if they verify that the content I attached has a matching hash)

We'll see what they say.

Login to Me Too

michaelye168
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal is rediculous! Last time UPS did send me a pdf document with ups logo on it. I think i maybe just lucky that the ups agent I talked with is very familiar with this issue and know how to respond the request.
Login to Me Too

marq9
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting; it seems a bit silly only because it's pretty easy to forge a PDF document with a UPS logo 😅

Seems they need a better approach to this scam, seems like it's on the rise

Login to Me Too

NCMerc
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same issue and ran into the same roadblock with PayPal. After several months, I was finally able to get the form they needed and win my case. Here's what I did:

1. Create a free account with UPS
  2. Enter the tracking number
  3. On the results page, click "Proof of Delivery"
    UPS Form.jpg

The form that comes up has the information PayPal is looking for, including item weight.
  4. On the bottom of the form, click "Print this page"
    NCMerc_1-1604609560441.png
  5. In the next screen, instead of selecting a printer, choose "Save as PDF"
  6. Send the PDF file to PayPal

Hope this works for you as well!

Login to Me Too

monty142
Contributor
Contributor

@NCMerc Thanks for posting this. I'm going to give it a try...but how does this provide what PayPal needs from UPS? Couldn't they look at this info and say "yeah, that's proof it was delivered" even though it's a bogus tracking # and I never received the item?

Login to Me Too

untamedmind
Contributor
Contributor

The same exact thing happened to me The seller had a tracking number that led to the same city but not addressed to me or my home. UPS even emailed me and confirmed that. They cannot give us what Paypal is asking for because it violates safety. Obviously this is something that paypal should know. Giving us someone else's address is dangerous and unethical for any business to do, but as I can see Paypal is also unethical. Just taking the word of these sellers based on STOLEN tracking numbers. As long as they are getting their fees from the sellers they could care less about getting our money back! They have closed my case twice and I keep reopening it. I want my money back.

Login to Me Too

Saki33
Contributor
Contributor

When I messaged PayPal the rep gave me an option in addition to intranet form. I was to use UPS email form to contact them. UPS will not give out address delivered to, but according to the agent. they will verify that it was not delivered to your address. He said he would accept that as proof and decide in my favor. Now I am awaiting email reply from UPS.

Login to Me Too

Saki33
Contributor
Contributor

Asking me to provide intranet form was not helpful. I kept submitting my proof, the tracking number at UPS screenshot. The tracking number at UPS showed the package was received at a dock. I sent a screenshot  of Google Earth of my address, a residence, no dock. The tracking number showed the weight of the package was 0.5 0z. I showed a screenshot of my cart, 2 gallons of herbicide. The shipping  weight would be at least 17 lbs., so they couldn't possibly have  shipped  what  I paid for. I submitted it four times, and finally the fourth agent grasped  the logic of my complaint and refunded me. This scammer depends on UPS not providing address and PayPal's dependence on tracking number for proof of delivery. My guess is that this scammer ships an empty package to your zip code to get the tracking number.

Login to Me Too

dhaeyminliam
Contributor
Contributor
Do a three way call so paypal n ups will talk.. since ups can’t provide that form.. helps for me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.