Disputing a scam seller & Paypal wants Intranet form from UPS

04fruitloop
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone give me a phone number to call PayPal. I have submitted emails directly from UPS stating that the tracking number I received from the seller (parksondragon.com) does not go to the address to which the item was supposed to be delivered and that the seller was actually another website. PayPal denies my claim & keeps asking for the UPS intranet form which doesn't exist. Because of privacy laws UPS cannot provide the details of the address that the scam UPS tracking number but the reps keep asking for that. I need to talk to a manager because this is not getting resolved & PayPal is just aiding & abetting in the fraud. 

Help please!

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

michaelye168
Contributor
Contributor

It is hard to find a human to talk to at paypal, so I messaged. The reply is the same to get UPS intranet form which is non-exist. I have similar case like everyone reported here. The seller forwarded a UPS tracking number showing it is shipped even before printing out the shipping label. There is also no information what is the destination.

Of course, ebay has removed the scam seller. But now it is paypal does not do its buyer protection. Not sure we should work with ebay or paypal. I have been doing ebay for many years, the fake tracking info is the first and I know it becomes common and paypal/ebay should have known it.

Login to Me Too

michaelye168
Contributor
Contributor

Finally able to talk to a UPS agent, who told me that scammers stole a legit tracking number appears ship to the same city but of course not my destination. So the tracking info provided by the spammer is not for me. Paypal knows it but slow to react or even denies.

In future, I will use paypal only for legit businesses or totally not use paypal again. 

Login to Me Too

Slaw2
Contributor
Contributor

It's not even legal for shippers to provide the information that PayPal is demanding. It's a violation of the privacy of the recipient, since the recipient isn't the person asking for the detailed tracking information. This is a loophole that scammers have found, and PayPal is allowing these scammers to take advantage of it. I've been fighting them since May. I even filed a claim with IC3.gov against PayPal and the seller. I suggest you all do the same in hopes that they change their ridiculous so-called "buyer protection" policy.

Today PayPal finally said they were going to refund my money, but it took months of frustration and a lot of threats for me to get to this point. I'll believe them only when I have actually received my refund, and then I'll be cancelling my PayPal Account.

Login to Me Too

milliemonster
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue with the intranet form. Was there anything in particular that made them change their mind? Did the internet fraud complaint seem to help? I feel like Paypal deserves a class action lawsuit for this one. They're claiming to offer (and users pay fees for) purchase protection, but they've made it effectively impossible to claim. 

Login to Me Too

Befus
Contributor
Contributor

What changed their mind was when I sent them the email from UPS stating that the tracking number was not associated with my address. 

Login to Me Too

milliemonster
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, I sent the same thing and they rejected me and demanded the "Intranet form". Maybe just luck of the draw on customer service agents. Thanks for your reply!

Login to Me Too

DarlaBabyKulit
Contributor
Contributor
I would like to ask your help with this. I have the same problem with paypal asking more proof but UPS won’t give me the email stating that the tracking number provided fraudulently by that scammer of the seller, does not belong to me. How were you able to have UPS provide you that email?
Login to Me Too

Chasingkans
I’m in a dispute now and seller added a tracking number from one of my Amazon packages and I sent PayPal the screen shot that shows Amazon but they won’t except it they want the intranet form
Login to Me Too

VB80
New Community Member
Same problem, very angry with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Befus
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to get an email from UPS via their customer service link on their website. UPS stated in the email that the tracking number xxxxxxx was not associated with my address. Paypal accepted the email and credited my account for the amount in dispute. It took awhile to get this done but I was able to bring it to a successful conclusion. The tracking number provided by my seller was totally bogus unlike some of the threads below. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.