Disputes

christmas89
Contributor
Contributor

Hi on the 15th of August i sent the buyer the item that they brought from me on my e.bay account they paid for it through pay pal and the funds went into my pay pal account as a credit.the item still has not reached the destination and the buyer has put in a claim on e bay to say he did not receive the item last week on 6th September..so my pay pal account now is saying that it is in minus credit because the buyer put in a claim,but it has been either lost or delayed in transit,,so surely this is not my fault because i sent him the parcel and i also have a receipt and tracking number from Australian post.can someone advise me what i need to about this because i have sent the item but i am having to pay full price to the buyer still.?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

scottetrudeau
New Community Member
Unfortunately, you’re stuck. If the buyer doesn’t receive what they ordered and it’s in outer space… you call request a refund from the parcel service allegedly making everyone whole… but we all know that is not how it works. Just bite it snd move on…
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@christmas89 

To win a dispute for non receipt of item you have to prove trackable proof of delivery of the item to the buyer, not just that you sent it.

After all if you ordered something from say Amazon and it didn't arrive would you be happy if they said 'sorry we have proof we sent it to you so not our fault'?

If the item does not get delivered and the buyer wins the claim then its up to you to claim from your delivery agent with any insurance / compensation that they provide.

If the item does turn up then hopefully your buyer may be honest and pay you again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.